Posted By: shirls Hello :-) New here! - 12-29-2012 07:31 PM
I have recently had 2 biopsies taken from my tongue which were negative however, I have been a smoker for 35 years...ugh! Since 2007 I have had sores develop on the sides of my tongue. It started with only one sore on left side of tongue with a burning sensation and felt like a small bump later on I developed another on right side of tongue. Very painful and they haven't gone away since. Can someone pleas provide feedback as I have been to dentist and surgeon to provide feedback but their not sure what it is.

Thanking you in advance.

Shirls~
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Hello :-) New here! - 12-29-2012 10:08 PM
Congrats on your negative biopsies! What did the biopsy reports come back as saying the sores were? Unfortunately its not possible to diagnose over the internet but we can give you some ideas.

Tobacco contains many known cancer causing chemicals. They add all kinds of things to tobacco, even doubling the nicotine to make it more additive. Tobacco contains urea which is a form of urine for extra flavor. I can spout a million facts about tobacco and how it negatively impacts a persons life. I am a former smoker so I know how difficult it can be to quit. I almost lost my life and left my children without a mother all due to my smoking habit. Do yourself a huge favor and stop smoking. My face is now disfigured (missing half my jaw) and I live a very different life with many life long medical problems. You do NOT want to be in my situation so PLEASE quit. The third link has a photo of me and my story. If you quit I would bet the sores will go away. If not for you do it for your family, they need you around.

There is lots of help available to assist you with your quitting efforts.

American Lung Association

Quit Now

Tips From Former Smokers Campaign-Christine

Posted By: davidcpa Re: Hello :-) New here! - 12-30-2012 02:56 PM
I hope you never have to join this site as a patient and you better pray you don't as well.

Stop smoking or the next biopsy may not come back the way you want!
Posted By: shirls Re: Hello :-) New here! - 12-31-2012 12:02 AM
Thank you for your support.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum