Posted By: liz612 for brian from liz - 12-15-2012 02:11 PM
hi all, my name is liz and i have just joined because of my husband brian who is also joining later today. i haven't had the cancer myself, but he has just come home from his op (laryngectomy) and is now practising his new way of speaking to me.
he was on the point of just "giving up" a few weeks ago, so i hope that with my care as well as this site, he will decide it was all worth it after all.
love brian from liz xxx
Posted By: ChristineB Re: for brian from liz - 12-15-2012 07:16 PM
Liz, welcome to both you and Brian! So sorry he has gone thru so much. It does get discouraging when you are facing major medical problems and such invasive treatments.
Posted By: tamvonk Re: for brian from liz - 12-15-2012 07:44 PM
Hi Liz, welcome to you and Brian.
My husband too is adjusting to a new way of speaking. He has a Provox 2 TEP.
Life is different after all the treatments and surgery, but it is definitely preferable to the alternative. I'm sure Brian will realise that too. He needs time to adjust and recover.
Tammy
Posted By: Cheryld Re: for brian from liz - 12-16-2012 09:44 PM
Hi welcome - there are loads of us here and often there are at least a few going through a similar situation. Tell your hobby things will mprove over time. Hugs!
Posted By: David2 Re: for brian from liz - 12-18-2012 06:51 PM
Liz, so glad to read that Brian decided to fight on and not give up! I know it's going to be tough... but that's just par for the course for you Scots!

My thoughts are with you both.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum