Posted By: krbrowndog I just joined this forum - 12-01-2011 06:00 AM
Hello; Name is Keith and I had oral cancer (squama cell of the floor of the mouth) with surgery in June 2010 I was on my way to getting teeth when I got a phone call today telling me that they have found (they being University of Michigan) precancereous tissue around the implants in my mouth so now I have to have more surgery. I joined the forum to find encouragement, knowledge and maybe some options.
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: I just joined this forum - 12-01-2011 06:09 AM
Hi Keith, You have found the right place for what you are seeking.

It sounds like you have been through a lot already as a result of SCC. I'm sorry that you are facing more surgery. It's discouraging getting bad news especially when you were getting things put back together. But, catching it before it is full-blown cancer is enormously important. Congratulations on not having a full-blown recurrence!

Please post an update on how you are doing with this new development and what happens after surgery. I hope all goes well and your recovery is quick.

Sandy
Posted By: EricS Re: I just joined this forum - 12-01-2011 06:32 AM
Keith!

What's up brotha! Welcome to OCF, glad you found us, sorry you had to!

Well you are in good hands my friend at the U of M, they are not Ohio State but they don't have too bad of a program smile I'm kidding, they are one of the top programs in the country for both cancer care and ENT so medically I'd say you won't easily find a better opinion or care for that matter. Now you also have the added bonus of the OCF forums which are top notch as well so you I'd say you are in a mighty good position indeed.

welcome aboard!

Eric

Posted By: Cheryld Re: I just joined this forum - 12-01-2011 03:34 PM
Hi welcome - I agree with everyone else here more surgery is no fun! But they caught it before it was cancer - a definite plus!!! And we're friendly so hop on board.. smile take care and good luck with he surgery - as for options - in my eyes get it out ASAP! smile
Posted By: SUEZ Re: I just joined this forum - 12-01-2011 07:00 PM
Welcome to the right place for info and encouragement on your road to recovery and being a survivor!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: I just joined this forum - 12-01-2011 07:04 PM
Hi Keith, welcome to OCF! You have found a great place to find info and support. Sorry to hear about the possible recurrence. You have done it once and can get thru it again! Hope you are able to get a second opinion at a cancer center. That way a team will be able to work together on your case and come up with the best treatment option for you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Best wishes with everything you are facing.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum