Hello,I am DixieBlu~ I am the daughter that lost a father to cancer~Although he lived 19yrs without his voice..
I watched and learned so much from him..We were like Peas and Carrots..Jan 2007 that ugly word came back into our life,he turned 68yrs 9-11-07 and went home 11-11-07..and thats all i will say about that..
I had to seek help after because i could not del with him gone!
Just when i think i have my life in order-Bam! 12-16-2010 my stepdad had to have his voicebox removed and his whole tounge..
I went to him right away because i knew my mother would not be able to handle it...We start R/C next week and he is only 117 lbs..I know what im up against-been there done that with my dad...But how do you find help for my mother who says she cant deal with this?~Any advice would be great.
Hi and welcome DixieBlu,
You have found the best site for getting information, support and encouragement for your step father and family.
There are others here who are better qualified to answer your question. Some would be those you may have read posts from on the Caregiver / Co-Survivor Forum here.
Wishing you well finding help for your mother.
Gabriele
Welcome to OCF DixieBlu. There is alot of important info on both the forum and also on the main pages. Gabe is correct that there is alot of support here under the caregiver tab. Your mother can also seek out her own therapist. Another idea is to check with the place your stepfather is being treated. Some large facilities have great programs to help cancer patients and their caregivers.

Best of luck with everything you are facing.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum