I'm a writer for Men's Health and working on a piece about HPV-related oral cancer. I'm looking for a few men who were diagnosed with an HPV-related oral cancer in their 20s or 30s who might be willing to share their experience with readers; the piece seeks to raise awareness of HPV-related oral cancer and the incidence in younger men. I wrote a similar piece for Women's Health so am familiar with the medical side; what I'm looking for are real human experiences.

I'm on deadline so would need to speak this week. I can be reached at [email protected] if you're willing or have questions about me, the story, or what I'd want to know.

Thank you!
This is just to let posters know that I was interviewed by this reporter/writer this AM, and encourage any of you who wish to be interviewed for the Men's Health article to contact her.
Humm, Brian my King, did you fib and tell her you fit the interview profile? lol
Brian,

Can you let us know when the article will appear so that we can get copies? Really looking forward to this!
Well if Men's Health needs a cover shot let me know, I've been working out and flexing a lot in the mirror smile

Sorry ladies...I'm married...and my wife would slap me upside the head if she read this and tell me to get over myself already! laugh

Here's a link to the article in Women's Health:

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/hpv-facts

Eric, maybe we should do an OC survivor calendar and use is as an OCF fundraiser! I'm sure your wife wouldn't get mad at you then since it would be for a good cause!
No David.... While I fit the profile, we talked about science, not my journey. I really am not the demographic for the magazine's readers, though I am a subscriber, and think it has lots of good health info in it. They need some younger, at risk person who 20-30 year olds can identify with; me I've got one foot in the ground already, so I don't qualify as the poster boy anymore.

Clearly from the Woman's Health story she has already done much homework. She had asked me for input on the Woman's Journal story, but I was traveling lecturing when she was assembling the data and not able to contribute. She reached out to me this time early. I thought she did a good job in the first article though it has some technical inaccuracies which I hope get set straight in the Men's version. I also think there are stronger medical authorities she could interview this time around. But all this is out of my hands.
Susan, doing a calendar fro OCF as a fundraiser is not a bad idea. I woul love to see Erci flex those muscles of his. smile Eric, do not tell your wife or my husband I said that. LOL SHHHH
I have muscles in my fingers. I could type the text of the calender.
d2
OK...if I'm going to pose for a calendar I get to be Mr. October, people are supposed to be scared in that month anyway smile

Trust me I'm pasty pale enough to look like a ghoul after 3 years of no sun!
It's amazing what they can do with an airbrush! Just ask some of those Victoria Secrets models.
A fund-raiser calendar for OCF is a great idea! - with some of our most beautiful people featured, keeping in mind the proverb: "A beautiful thing is never perfect". When it comes to the way many have fought and survived the emotional and physical ravages of oral cancer, any imperfections that remain can only be seen as badges of courage and strength. I like this quote from Tiny Buddha of Twitter:
"All those little things that make us completely different despite our universal sameness endow us with a beauty we�d never choose to lose if only we could recognize it. That seems to be the hard part: realizing that because the paintings of our lives are a few strokes away from perfect we are so undeniably beautiful."
What a great idea! I could pose in my Mrs. Santa Claus outfit!
I actually think that is a great idea for the calendar. Maybe would help more people out there become aware, and have the variety of people shown. Like maybe some of the oober young ones, and some of the older ones that fit the typical, but then have some that had surgery and the different types of surgery, and then some that just had chemo or rad, so you show all the different outcomes of treatment.
I like the calendar idea too!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum