Posted By: Ellen Lemley Introduction - 11-15-2010 01:40 AM
Hi It has been about 7mo's since my husband passed on to a be with the Lord.
He first had squamous cell cancer in 2003. He had a lump on the side of his neck and I insisted that he have it checked a week later he had Radical neck dissection. And then on and on. He did have several years of quality life until another recurrence in 2009. I have learned a lot about PEG tubs and overlap radiation. He had damage to cranial nerves. It has been a long and painful journey. However I learned a lot and I can relate to so many of the posted questions. Tom was an airline pilot. We use to say that Doctors are just practicing Pilots are not. I have the utmost respect for many Doctors some you can talk to some not so much. I think this forum is great and something that I missed when I was googling everything else trying to learn all that I could. I wish all who ever view this site Gods Grace.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Introduction - 11-15-2010 03:27 AM
Hello and welcome to OCF Ellen. I am sorry you have lost your beloved husband to this awful disease. Even though you didnt find this site until now, it still can be useful to you. Im sure your wisdom could help others if you would feel you want to help answer questions.

We have several caregivers here who have lost their spouses to oral cancer. Its a very hard thing to go thru caring for someone and watching what they are going thru, all the while keeping a cheerful and encouraging disposition. I dont think I would make a very good caregiver.

Glad you took the time to register and post your message.
Posted By: bethers0808 Re: Introduction - 11-20-2010 10:16 AM
Sorry you lost your husband... I wish you the best and if you need to talk, we are here for you!!
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Introduction - 11-20-2010 04:14 PM
I, too, am so very sorry that you lost your husband to this horrible cancer. Please stick around. There are a lot of caregivers and patients who could benefit from your experience and insight. Plus, I have made some wonderful friends here. This is a special group of people and there is always someone who can relate to what you have been through. Welcome to OCF.

My best to you�
Anita
Posted By: ConnieFL Re: Introduction - 11-20-2010 05:18 PM
Ellen,

I'm sorry for your loss. I do know what you went through I went through the same with my husband 10 years ago, Stage 4 throat cancer. I will never forget the pain and agony he went through. The nightly trips to the ER only to be told to go home with pain meds. We also said the same, Doctors are practicing... on him. Eighteen months after he was diagnosed the Lord took him.

Always remember you did everything you could to help him through this terrible disease, for sure he knew it.

I regret to this day we didn't know about Moffitt Cancer Center we would have been there in a flash.

Who would have ever thought I would end up with this terrible crap. Thank God for this forum and Jerry who helped me through this in the beginning.

Now it's time for you to take care of yourself.

Take care
Connie
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Introduction - 11-25-2010 02:10 PM
Sorry for the loss and I hope you can help others on this site. I'm sure you can.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum