Posted By: Pattyanne Introducing myself - 11-10-2010 05:23 PM
Hi, new to the forum although I've been watching for awhile. I was diagnosed on 9/09 with Mucoepidermoid cancer of the sublingual gland. Surgery on 12/09. They were able to get good margins and I did not to have radiation or chemo. Six month checkups. all set so far!!!
Posted By: Deejer47 Re: Introducing myself - 11-10-2010 05:41 PM
Welcome, Pattyanne. Hope those check ups stay clear.
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Introducing myself - 11-10-2010 09:34 PM
Welcome and let's hope that's the end of that crap!
Posted By: Lostpassword Re: Introducing myself - 11-11-2010 12:15 AM
That news is always good to hear - just keep watchful and then continue with the great check-ups : )
Posted By: Pattyanne Re: Introducing myself - 11-11-2010 05:02 AM
Thanks for the welcome! The hardest part of the whole ordeal was the waiting for the surgery. I think it was the longest three months of my life. It was a matter of getting several opinions and then coordinating 2 different surgeons and an operating room and a possible bed in ICU so lots to work on. The Doctors also had to warn me of all possible complications which I undersood but they were very difficult to hear.
Posted By: MeggieTye Re: Introducing myself - 11-15-2010 12:14 AM
Hi Pattyanne, welcome and well done, so far so good! I remember my head just spinning when all the complications were talked about, I had to remind myself to stay in the moment and concentrate because this was important. It is a dizzying situation to find yourself in, like you I am doing well with clear margins and so far so good..only 2 mths for me and everyday is a bonus.

Light and blessings,

Nancy
Posted By: David2 Re: Introducing myself - 11-15-2010 01:28 AM
Pattyanne, I add my welcome. Sounds as though things are definitely looking up for you and very glad to read that you don't need further treatment! We're all sending good vibes your way.

David 2
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Introducing myself - 11-15-2010 04:41 AM
Welcome Pattyanne. Hope you are fully recovered from your surgery. Best of luck with continued good check ups.
Posted By: bethers0808 Re: Introducing myself - 11-20-2010 09:52 AM
good job on ur fight so far!! Hoping for clear future check ups and scans for you!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum