Posted By: vmasters thanks OCF & forum - 06-12-2009 08:54 PM
I feel the need to thank everyone in these forums and for the wealth of information on the OCF site. It was a starting point when my husband was first diagnosed with StageIV SCC of the throat (pyriform sinus) in 2005. I learned SO many helpful things here during his treatment but I guess am just too private a person to put myself out there in a forum very much. Know that I have read many many posts and topics over the last few years and there were lots of good answers here to my questions. Learning what questions to ask gave us some power too.

I thank you all for your honesty and for sharing your experiences, especially in this recurrence forum regarding end of life. It is helping me gain some perspective and strength (no I am not crazy and guilt is not good)because my husband now has hospice care at home and we are seeing definite signs of decline. Hours to weeks. There aren't any friends or family members that understand this waiting time. I can say here that I hope it is not long and you will understand that I am not being heartless.

Know that there are others out here supporting OCF and care about its members. I don't expect any responses here , I just wanted to let you regular posters know that you have made a difference to me. I am proud to support OCF and have been spreading literature and info to everyone I know.
Fran
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: thanks OCF & forum - 06-12-2009 10:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your husband and know that we are here for you if and when you need us. You and your families are in my thoughts and prayers!! Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: CherylR Re: thanks OCF & forum - 06-13-2009 12:38 AM
I am sorry to hear about your husband and understand your desire for this process to not be prolonged. We are all here if and when you need us.
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: thanks OCF & forum - 06-13-2009 01:03 AM
Hi Fran,

We do understand why you say that, and I agree with you. Please know we are here for you.
Posted By: Cookey Re: thanks OCF & forum - 06-13-2009 04:23 AM
Hey Fran,as the song says "you'll never walk alone"

(((((((((HUG)))))))))
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: thanks OCF & forum - 06-13-2009 06:04 AM
My prayers and with you, your husband and family.

Donna
Posted By: slim Re: thanks OCF & forum - 06-13-2009 02:19 PM
Fran, I am sorry to hear the news of your husband. Having watched my mom die at home on hospice from pancreatic cancer, I totally understand your feelings of being ready for him to pass on. Nothing is worse than watching someone we love so much suffer. My prayers are with you and your husband.
Posted By: mhupe Re: thanks OCF & forum - 06-13-2009 04:10 PM
So sorry, Fran. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Posted By: EzJim Re: thanks OCF & forum - 06-14-2009 12:01 AM
I am sorry about what you are both going thru right now. Just keep coming back and asking questions about anything. You are both in my prayers and i am sending a couple of my angels to look after you.
Posted By: misskate Re: thanks OCF & forum - 06-15-2009 05:55 AM
Hi there- My prayers are with you. Completely understandable that you wouldn't want someone you love to suffer any more... This is a very very difficult form of cancer.

I am so sorry that there isn't going to be a cure.

You have many people you can confide in about your emotions and thoughts here. KATE
Posted By: Donna MFS Re: thanks OCF & forum - 06-15-2009 05:11 PM
Prayers to you and your family are going out to you. I am so sorry to hear about your pain...we are all here to help you in any way that we can.
Posted By: helen.c Re: thanks OCF & forum - 06-16-2009 10:51 PM
All my thoughts are with you.
May your God walk with you..
Sunshine.. love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: vmasters celebration of life - 06-20-2009 06:03 PM
My husband died on June 17, at home as he requested. He had a very full and wonderful life and I can't begin to express how much I miss him.
The OCF is listed in his memorial and I hope to spread more awareness and lead others to this site if they need it.
Today we celebrate his life and it was
Here is a link for Stevens, Festus S.
http://www.kirlin-egan-butler.com/_mgxroot/page_10730.php
and I noticed in earlier posts that Patty (good1) lived very near me - I wish I had known her.
Thank you for all the kind words and thoughts and the angels. It means so much to know you've been where he and I have traveled.
I pray for continued health and strength for all of you.
Fran
Posted By: davidcpa Re: celebration of life - 06-20-2009 06:34 PM
Fran,

Sorry for you loss and thanks for sharing with us.
Posted By: Me2 Re: celebration of life - 06-20-2009 06:39 PM
Fran,

So sorry to hear about your loss, but glad that as you wished, he did not suffer too long. Our thoughts and prayers are with you,
Posted By: mhupe Re: celebration of life - 06-20-2009 06:44 PM
Fran,
I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I clicked on his link and read the obit...what a wonderful man.

How interesting that you lived near Patty (good1). You would have liked her, she had a warm heart and a soft spot for animals. Sad to lose two people to this terrible cancer in the same area so close in time.

Fran, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: celebration of life - 06-21-2009 03:45 AM
Fran, I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. The obituary described a great person. Yur husband is now not in any more pain. Remember all the good memories and hope that they bring you some comfort in the difficult time. It was very kind to mention OCF.

Wish you had known Patty. She was truly an angel who was also a dog lover.

Posted By: lorileona Re: celebration of life - 06-21-2009 09:02 AM
Fran,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what you are going through, and our husbands were the same age. I pray for strength for you and yours.
Lori
Posted By: deni Re: celebration of life - 06-22-2009 03:51 AM
SO sorry for your loss. "Fes" seems to have been a wonderful man who was not only loved by you but his family and friends very much. I pray that you can find comfort in each other. Remember there is also always a place for you here if you need it.
Peace
Denise
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: celebration of life - 06-22-2009 04:27 AM
What a beautiful obituary. My sincere condolences to you all on your loss.

Donna
Posted By: Carol L Re: celebration of life - 06-22-2009 03:25 PM
Dear Fran, sorry to read about your loss of Fes. You are in my thoughts..Carol
Posted By: Eileen Re: celebration of life - 06-22-2009 05:48 PM
Fran,
My deepest sympathy to you and your family in the loss of your dear husband. He is at peace now.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: slim Re: celebration of life - 06-22-2009 06:18 PM
Fran, I am truly sorry for the loss of your husband. Take comfort that he is in a better place and out of pain. My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.
Posted By: misskate Re: celebration of life - 06-23-2009 12:29 AM
So sorry for your loss Fran. He is in a better place without pain or sorrow.

KATE
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum