Posted By: lorileona Ron died this morning - 06-06-2009 04:39 PM
I have lost my wonderful husband, Ron, this morning at 3 a.m. He went very quickly and very peacefully, thank God. He and Patty really were sharing the same journey, I just didn't realize how soon it would be. I am still in shock.
Love,
Lori
Posted By: Cookey Re: Ron died this morning - 06-06-2009 04:42 PM
Damn this disease
Posted By: misskate Re: Ron died this morning - 06-06-2009 05:20 PM
Oh my gosh Lori-

I am so sorry that this has all happened. You and Ron have certainly been through a very difficult time dealing with this disease. He is no longer in pain or suffering now.

My thoughts are with you during this very difficult and sad time.

KATE
Posted By: walknlite Re: Ron died this morning - 06-06-2009 05:30 PM
Lori, I am so sorry. Just try to remember he is no longer in pain. I know it is a difficult time for you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Ron died this morning - 06-06-2009 06:02 PM
Lori, I am very sorry for your loss. Ron is in peace now and feel no more pain. The suffering is over for him. Let the memories of the happy times you shared together give you some comfort in this tragic time. I will say a prayer for you and your family.
Posted By: Cecilia Re: Ron died this morning - 06-06-2009 06:36 PM
Lori,
I am so sorry. No words can help with the pain but i am thinking of you. What a horrid disease!
My deepest sympathy to you and those close to you.
love
Cecilia
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Ron died this morning - 06-06-2009 07:26 PM
Lori,

I am always at a loss for words and even more so with this horrible news.
Posted By: mhupe Re: Ron died this morning - 06-06-2009 08:52 PM
Lori,

I am so sorry! Like others I am at a loss for words. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: JeffL Re: Ron died this morning - 06-06-2009 09:01 PM
Lori -- very, very sorry for your loss. I know Ron's journey was a difficult one, but he is at peace now, and we are all here for you.
Posted By: suemarie Re: Ron died this morning - 06-06-2009 09:16 PM
Lori- I'm so very sorry. Please remember to take of yourself during this stressful time.

Sue
Posted By: Geri Re: Ron died this morning - 06-06-2009 09:55 PM
Lori,
Even though you knew this day would come, it still seemed like you would have a bit more time together. What a huge shock to have it happen so suddenly. I'm so sorry and send you my prayers and heartfelt sympathy. As I posted to you before, Ron appeared to be a "salt of the earth" kind of guy and you were both so lucky to have each other to love. Blessings, Geri
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: Ron died this morning - 06-06-2009 11:50 PM
Lori, my condolences to you and your family. Sorry to hear the sad news!!! Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: Lostpassword Re: Ron died this morning - 06-07-2009 01:49 AM
Lori - Our condolences to you and all who loved Ron. We are all here for you, just as before. We continue the fight against this hideous disease.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Ron died this morning - 06-07-2009 11:44 AM
Lori, youhave all my sympathies during this sad time in your life and all of my prayers. This is one of lifes greatest tragedies. Please come and post and don't leave. I enjoyed your post and maybe you can teach us something as life goes on. Call it life AFTER.
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Ron died this morning - 06-07-2009 01:30 PM
Lori

How sad. The loss of Ron cannot be healed with words, nor can your pain be muted with sympathy. We will keep you and Ron in our prayers. Your continued postings during the last terrible months have been a source of strength for many here on the board, myself included. I am glad that Ron went peacefully. Grieve, Wail, Rant and shout if you want here about the tragic unfairness of it all.
charm
Posted By: Sophie H. Re: Ron died this morning - 06-07-2009 05:18 PM
Lori,

I am so sorry for your loss of Ron. You both went through so much and yet you have always been there for others on this board. He sounded like a strong, vital and full of life man and you sound like an amazing wife and partner. I know you will miss him deeply. I hope that this board can continue to be a source of caring and understanding for you.

Sophie
Posted By: slim Re: Ron died this morning - 06-07-2009 06:18 PM
Lori, I am so, so sorry for your loss. Prayers and peace with you at the difficult time. Wanda
Posted By: suzanne98 Re: Ron died this morning - 06-07-2009 09:41 PM
Lori,

I am so sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Sweetpea Re: Ron died this morning - 06-07-2009 09:48 PM
Please accept my condolences. I think Jim has a good idea.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Ron died this morning - 06-07-2009 10:19 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences. Yet another OC Angel walks the streets of heaven.

Donna
Posted By: CherylR Re: Ron died this morning - 06-08-2009 12:43 AM
My condolences Lori...I'll keep you and yours in my prayers.
Posted By: Karen Rose Re: Ron died this morning - 06-08-2009 01:47 AM
Lori

I am so sorry to hear of Ron's passing. My thoughts are with you, your family and friends during this very sad time.

Ron is now resting in peace.

Karen xx ((hugs))
Posted By: Nancy A. Re: Ron died this morning - 06-08-2009 03:30 AM
Lori,

So sorry to hear of your loss. There are no words that will ease your loss and pain, just know that there are many who have walked in your shoes and feel your pain. Ron has started his next journey and has known the love, devotion, and care you have given him, he was lucky to have you in his life as you were to have him. My deepest sympathy to you and your loved ones,

Nancy
Posted By: Eileen Re: Ron died this morning - 06-08-2009 05:36 PM
Lori,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest sympathy to you and your family. May your fond memories help you through this time of grief.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: Nancy T Re: Ron died this morning - 06-08-2009 09:00 PM
Lori,

My sympathies go out to you and your family. Cherish the memories and the love you had here... the love keeps going and Ron is free from all pain and hurt now. Please take care and keep posting.

Nancy T.
Posted By: TomT Re: Ron died this morning - 06-08-2009 11:59 PM
Lori, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. From reading your posts and website, it is obvious Ron was a very special person and was fortunate to have you in his life. God bless.
Posted By: Ray1971 Re: Ron died this morning - 06-09-2009 03:14 AM
i cried when i read your last post about Ron...I am sorry for your loss
Posted By: lorileona Re: Ron died this morning - 06-09-2009 04:27 AM
I appreciate all of you so much. Thank you for your kind words and prayers. It means a lot for all of us. Here is a link to the obit and a guestbook. We are hanging in there as best we can.
Love,
Lori
http://www.hdlfuneralhomes.com/content/obituaries/view.jsp?OID=49723
Posted By: William1949 Re: Ron died this morning - 06-09-2009 02:44 PM
So Sorry, may God comfort you and your children in this very difficult time.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Ron died this morning - 06-09-2009 10:48 PM
Lori, I added my condolences to your online guestbook. Thanks for posting the link.
Posted By: RPCV Re: Ron died this morning - 06-10-2009 01:42 AM
Lori,

I followed your blog and am in awe of the courage and love that you and Ron displayed. Your words were poignantly honest yet optimistic. I feel that you and Ron had a relationship that few are fortunate enough to experience. Thank you for sharing your lives with us.

My heart and my thoughts are with you and your family.
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Ron died this morning - 06-10-2009 02:38 AM
Lori,

I�m so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Posted By: NancH Re: Ron died this morning - 07-18-2009 02:31 AM
lori
my heartfelt sympathy. I am watching my husband of 32 years wilt before my eyes. He too had tongue ca dx in 05 and recurred in aug 06 and again nov 07 and most recently infiltrating to FOM and in skin and bone of oral cavity. I just look at him wondering how long we have together. So painful for him, i pray he just go to sleep.
I am across the border in MN if you ever want to meet for some comfort talk
nancyh
Posted By: suemarie Re: Ron died this morning - 07-18-2009 03:58 AM
Lori- So very sorry. If you need some advice or just someone who has gone through this send me a pm and I'll send you my number.

Sue
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: Ron died this morning - 07-20-2009 09:51 PM
Lori, My condolences on Ron's passing, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers! Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: Ron died this morning - 07-29-2009 02:20 AM
Lori,

Sorry for you loss. Please feel free to come here and get the support you need any time you want. We all understand the loss and how this next year will be. So we are here for you.

Take care.. Diane
Posted By: lorileona Re: Ron died this morning - 07-29-2009 06:19 PM
Thank you all again for your kind words and a special thanks to the ones who took the time to add a message to Ron's memorial site. It's coming up on 8 weeks now, and I swear it still feels like it was yesterday most of the time. We are slogging through, though. I am now up in central WI. with our oldest daughter. She and her husband just bought a home, so I am trying to help with furniture, painting, etc. It gives me something to do. I know I can come here for support and frequently do. I also will try to stay around to help those who I know will be coming here newly diagnosed.
Nancy, I can't PM you, I am wondering how Steve and you are coping. Please PM me if you need support. My prayers are with you.
Lori
Posted By: hisnibs Re: Ron died this morning - 08-05-2009 04:24 AM
I'm sorry lori. This is so hard to hear. Please take care of yourself now.
Posted By: MrsGrant Re: Ron died this morning - 08-08-2009 12:45 AM
Lori,
We are all so very sorry to hear about Ron. I will be sending up lots of prayers.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum