Posted By: gnelson New Cancer - 03-31-2008 12:42 PM
Hi, After 7 years cancer free, I got a suprise. Alump showed up on my tongue. 1st. biopsy clear, it grew back and showed some irregular cells.Then after 7 months it grew back! This time cat scan and surgery. Scan clean and surgery removed everything till only clear cells. I can hardly talk and my head feels like it was in a vice, probably was. It's been a long time for me, what do I do now, just watch it with my ENT, keep a eye out for a new site? Any advice?
Posted By: davidcpa Re: New Cancer - 03-31-2008 08:46 PM
What did the biopsy say?
Posted By: Suess57 Re: New Cancer - 03-31-2008 11:13 PM
I'm with David, what did the biopsy say it was? Lots of things go on on the tongue.
Posted By: gnelson Re: New Cancer - 04-01-2008 11:13 AM
Sorry, The biopsy before this surgery and Cat scan showed Squeamus cell.I have not gotten the new one from the surgery.I guess I am a bit tense about this wondering where will it be next.I am a stage 4 survivor, floor of mouth, about 4 inches of jaw removed.I had a flap from my leg that failed, so they rebuilt my face from shoulder and arm.I do not have a lot of flesh left on the bottom of my face to work with.I have a metal bar for a jaw bone.If the cancer would come back again, they would have to remove bar, and then I would have trouble eating and talking.I may just be buying trouble worrying about this but this is not a road I want to go down.gnelson
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum