Posted By: jm-cm Update on my hubby Joe - 09-28-2007 04:41 PM
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to share some good news. We got Joe's PET/CT scan results yesterday: the lesion in his lung went from 12mm to 7 and there is no PET activity at the previous tumor sites or at any new sites. The report did note some uptake in his brain (and the CT part was inconclusive due to artifact from his fillings), but his MO said that not unusual for PET, and PET is typically not used to dx anything in the brain.

At any rate, the MO felt good enough about it to take him off of chemo and continue with weekly Erbitux. Joe also has 3 daily follow up injections of Leukine (which he gives to himself) for synergy with the Erbitux. We'll do this for another 12 weeks, then scan and see how it's going. His MO said if he continues to have good scans he can stay off chemo for what he hopes to be indefinitely. I can't begin to tell you how much of a difference it makes to have a doctor who is hopeful and positive. How can you begin to heal when you are treated by someone who doesn't believe it's possible?

Joe's MO and ND also made some adjustments to his naturopathic prescription to aid in tissue healing and immune function. He continues to feel really good, keeping up with exercise, working part-time, etc. He is already making plans for hunting season, which starts next month--somethings never change! smile

We feel incredibly blessed. We look forward to further healing and health, and we wish the same for you all.

Take care!

Chris
Posted By: trimatt Re: Update on my hubby Joe - 09-28-2007 04:49 PM
That's wonderful news, Chris!! laugh Thanks for sharing. Your message is especially important for those folks who have received "less-than-hopeful" prognoses from their docs.

Continued good health and happiness to both you and Joe.

Tricia
Posted By: liz26 Re: Update on my hubby Joe - 09-28-2007 04:57 PM
Chris,

So glad to hear your good news. As my dear friend just starts her treatment it is great to read of positive outcomes! I love to read about those people that continue to be active, as my friend is someone who NEVER sits down, at 54 she puts me, her 44 yr old friend, to shame!!

I wish Joe all the best!
Liz
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: Update on my hubby Joe - 10-02-2007 01:40 PM
Chris,

Great news!! Tell Joe good luck on the hunting. I sure miss the taste of good venison. smile

All is fine in my neck of the woods. (so far?)

Take care,
Diane
Posted By: brenfran25 Re: Update on my hubby Joe - 10-02-2007 01:49 PM
That is such good news Chris
Was just talking to my friend today--both her daughters have had breast cancer at very young ages--one was declared terminal and given 2 years max to live---15 years ago--she's now a happy healthy career woman!!
Positive is not just good, it's excellent!!

Brenda
Posted By: Mel_in_CA Re: Update on my hubby Joe - 10-03-2007 03:43 PM
Hi Chris-
That is great news!
Melissa
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum