Posted By: shelydiane Anyone have an idea? - 05-26-2016 12:43 PM
My husband's buccal (Cheek) cancer has come back after 2 years in remission. The first time e had surgery and radiation. This time just surgery..... it has gone into the sinuses. Anyone know what we're up against?????
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Anyone have an idea? - 05-26-2016 03:58 PM
Im very sorry to hear about the recurrence! Im sorry there arent many active members who have had this exact type of surgery. But, Im sure someone who has been thru it will chime in soon.

To me, it sounds like a difficult surgery and recovery. Hopefully the cancer has been caught early so its not as invasive. Depending on the exact location of the tumor, your husband may need a device called an obturator to cover any open area on the roof of his mouth.

Please keep us posted. Best wishes!!!
Posted By: donfoo Re: Anyone have an idea? - 05-27-2016 05:59 AM
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about the recurrence. Since you want to know what's up, ask the doctors directly. If you don't get a straight answer ask to get another one to review your case and get a fully disclosed opinion.

No one here is a trained oral cancer professional nor have any of the specific medical details of your case, so anything we offer is just guessing.

We can offer hope, encouragement, and prod you to get the answers from those who have the experience and knowledge of your situation.

good luck
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum