Posted By: jklamert It's back - 05-16-2015 03:44 AM
Hi Everyone!

I disappeared for a while-tx was over, hubby was getting better, I went deep into denial and avoidance. Finally sought therapy for myself, am doing much better, too. On the kids 12th birthday we get a call, spots on lungs. What a day to hear that. Today, 8 days and a biopsy later we learn the spots are indeed cancer. So, Monday at dawn we will drive the long drive to San Antonio to see his oncologist and learn about and discuss treatment options. Sigh. Trying to remain optimistic and not fret too much until we hear what all the doc has to say. I figured I should come back here, and try to stay 'active' here so I don't 'run' back into my world of denial and avoidance again. I so need the support and would love to offer support, too. Thank you all for being here!
Posted By: OzMojo Re: It's back - 05-16-2015 04:01 AM
Sorry to hear this JK. You're right, don't fret too much and see what the doc says, then work through the options. We're still here for you and your husband.
Posted By: Uptown Re: It's back - 05-16-2015 04:32 PM
Not the news we want to hear, jklamert. I'm sorry so much has been dumped on you, yet again. Lean on us and we will do our best to support you. I am hoping for the best possible outcome for your husband.
Posted By: TheHellion Re: It's back - 05-18-2015 11:05 AM
jklamert,

I am so sorry to hear this news. We received similar news during the holidays last year -- lung mets six months out. There never is a good time. See what your oncologists say, listen to the options and definitely talk about clinical trials -- things are changing all of the time!!

Keep your hope alive and wish your husband the very best from a former soldier fighting precisely the same fight! I am sincerely hoping for the best for you and your family.

The Hellion
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum