Posted By: jayneday worried about reoccurance - 09-17-2014 02:08 PM
im three years out from cancer in my nasal cavity which spread to my upper palate. I have an obturator now to fill the hole left by surgery. Just lately iv been coasting along and kind of not thinking about reoccurrence and then last week my dentist sees a small ulcer which is still there today and says I have to go and get it checked out by my oral surgeon. have any of you guys had ulcers etc that have not been the cancer returned? im worried about having to do it all again or wether they can just remove the ulcer and not have to have all the other treatment again?i keep thinking oh it might be my plate rubbing or something else but it always comes back to the same thing has it come back?
Posted By: Cheryld Re: worried about reoccurance - 09-18-2014 03:20 AM
Yes,.. Sometimes an ulcer is just an ulcer. Fingers crossed this is the case for you. Hugs
Posted By: PaulB Re: worried about reoccurance - 09-18-2014 03:44 AM
I had an ulcer on my tongue once, after several recurrences, so was concerned, but was probably from biting on it or rubbing on a sharp tooth. My ENT took an incisional biopsy of it, and turned out to be negative. I had the dentist file the tooth down, and had no further trouble.

I hope yours is a minor issue too. Good luck.
Posted By: tamvonk Re: worried about reoccurance - 09-18-2014 01:40 PM
Kris recently had an ulcer on his tongue flap. It scared the c..p out of me.
It was biopsied. Was just an ulcer. Caused by a tooth putting pressure on the "tongue"
Sometimes these are just ulcers. I sure hope yours turns out to be too.
Tammy
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum