Posted By: Ina Joyce more chemo & plan to move her to USA - 09-17-2013 06:33 PM
Hello guys,
Joyce is still hanging in there. She never stopped the chemo. Her lesions on her face are "drying" up or getting better. She is weak due to the weekly chemo that has not stopped. I can't even count how many she has had.

My sister-in-law is thinking of taking her here for future treatments. It is just a matter of getting a clearance from the doctor of a safe travel which is 23 hours.

Please include her in your thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: donfoo Re: Joyce more chemo & plan to move her to USA - 09-18-2013 12:00 AM
Amazing story of perseverance. It is trilling news to know she is improving. Keep us posted.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Joyce more chemo & plan to move her to USA - 09-18-2013 02:45 AM
That's great! smile
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Joyce more chemo & plan to move her to USA - 09-18-2013 12:30 PM
One for the books IMO. That's GREAT.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Joyce more chemo & plan to move her to USA - 09-18-2013 02:10 PM
wonder what kind of chemo?
Posted By: Uptown Re: Joyce more chemo & plan to move her to USA - 09-18-2013 03:21 PM
Incredible news! What an amazing woman. Certainly praying for healing and wisdom and guidance for the medical team now and in the future.
Posted By: PaulB Re: Joyce more chemo & plan to move her to USA - 09-18-2013 04:16 PM
Good luck, and best wishes!
Posted By: Ina Re: Joyce more chemo & plan to move her to USA - 10-15-2013 07:44 PM
UPDATE 10/14/2013

Yesterday we had an update about Joyce. She is not receiving treatment any longer after her maximum radiation allowed on her face and jaws and several Erbitux chemo. They wanted her to get another 2 but the children said no more. She doesn't walk anymore and uses a wheel chair. As far as her cancer is concerned, the oral cancer is still present but after the CT scan they said it has not metastases to other parts of the body which is good. Not sure how the future will hold but she is still with us fighting the cancer.

Posted By: Cheryld Re: Joyce more chemo & plan to move her to USA - 10-15-2013 08:31 PM
ThTs great that she's still fighting are you planning to move her? If she is not walking I suspect that might be hard since it sounds like she is quite compromised health wise. Best of luck
Posted By: Ina Re: Joyce more chemo & plan to move her to USA - 10-16-2013 12:29 PM
Truthfully I think the plan to take her here is more for the children to enjoy the last few days, weeks, months of her life. I am not sure if they have completely accepted that she is terminal. It is really very sad.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Joyce more chemo & plan to move her to USA - 10-16-2013 02:51 PM
It is sad. She seems a fighter and most of us love to hear the "against all odds" stories. So my prayer for her is that a miracle occurs - if that doesn't happen, that she can enjoy the rest of her time with those she loves. Hugs.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum