Posted By: funnygirl797 Occurrence #6! - 09-09-2013 04:26 PM
Hello Friends!
I hardly post here, but I do come back and connect with all you occasionally. It feels good to remember there are others who understand what I am going through. Getting ready to return to work from occurrence #6, surgery, rad and chemo. They found it in one lymph node near my thyroid. After recovery from surgery i had 25x of rad and 7x chemo. Well I ever be rid of this? I am starting to feel like a permanent patient, always waiting for the next occurrence to pop up. This time I spent 7 weeks in NYC getting treated at Beth Israel Hospital. I was able to stay at Hope Lodge (run by the American Cancer Society), and I gotta tell you the staff and other residents were awesome!

I don't know how to feel anymore honestly, I am happy to have made it through again, but how do I find real joy again when all I do is survive treatments, or wait for it to pop up again?

thanks for listening!
Gina
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Occurrence #6! - 09-10-2013 12:12 AM
Gina, I am so terribly sorry to read your post. Recurrences are the worst imaginable thing to go thru. Its what every single member of this forum is afraid of the most.

Ive been there and understand how you feel. Hang in there and remember we are here for you whenever you want us to be.
Posted By: PaulB Re: Occurrence #6! - 09-10-2013 02:24 AM
Gina, I'm sorry to hear of your recurrences. I definitely know how you feel. I'm very similar with 6 myself, and just found out today another. I also go to Beth Israel, and stayed at Hope Lodge during my last treatment in 2012. I don't have much advise, other than doing what you have to do, take one day at a time, and try to enjoy yourself. Good luck with everything.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Occurrence #6! - 09-15-2013 12:35 AM
You and pail are made for each other. Hugs to you you are a complete trooper.
Posted By: funnygirl797 Re: Occurrence #6! - 09-15-2013 05:00 PM
Hi Christine!

Thanks for the reply and the support. I always come back here to touch base with those that understand. I always feel better.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum