Posted By: hurlock PET scan showed hot spot in larynx..4th surgery - 05-03-2013 03:49 PM
Looks like its back. Just had surgery tuesday after Scan showed hot spot in larynx. So after two rounds of radiation and chemo the cancer is back. I will have scans every 12 weeks and see where it pops its ugly head again. The surgery went well but the doctor could not get clear margins.So its a waiting game for me.
Steve Hurlock
Im very sorry to hear you are having problems yet again Steve! Im a 3 timer too.

Have you been to a comprehensive cancer center for a second opinion? Never know, maybe it could help.

Good luck with everything!
Really sorry to hear this Steve.
What sort of surgery have they done, or was it just a local excision?
I must agree with Christine. Please try and get a second opinion fom a CCC.
Can they do a Salvage type surgery? I know that this might be quite extensive but from our experience it is worth it.
Are they offering you any more chemo?
Tammy
Ditto get a second opinion, with a top facility. Hugs and prayers for you...
My case goes before the tumor board again Monday. Ill let you know what they say or advise. Thanks Steve
Please do keep us posted and so sorry to hear about the recurrence. Hopefully, tumor board has some viable options for you. don
Good luck tomorrow!!!
Posted By: KP5 Re: PET scan showed hot spot in larynx..4th surgery - 05-06-2013 01:40 AM
Crap Steve. I'm sorry. We are here for you, but I know you know that.
Kathy
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum