Hello,
I am diagnosed with a BOT cancer this month. I am going to have surgery at Beth Israel Hospital with Dr Mark Urken. This is my 5th occurrence. I don't have a date yet, but it will be soon. I would welcome any responses from people who have had similar.
thanks
Gina
Hugs - and many blessings - we'll be here when you need us.. It's very bizarre that you now have BOT - hey they test you for HPV?
I don't know if they did test me for HPV, I honestly forgot to ask. I will though now.
thanks for the hugs.
Gina
It's bizarre but it almost sounds like you've have two different types of OC - or - and hopefully this is not the case - they missed the initial BOT tumor? It's almost chronic - many blessings during your surgery... Hopefully your surgeon is awesome and he'll get it all!
why is this bizarre? and i doubt they missed anything, i get a PET scan every 6 months and this is the first time it has lit up. I did a nurse at if my case was a little unusual and she said no. She said cancer often runs along the nerve and shows up in different locations.

is that what you were talking about or did i misunderstand?
thanks so much for you input
Gina
Hi it just seems that there is so long in between recurrences - I guess it's well differentiated - good luck!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum