Posted By: ceazar Tors information? - 01-08-2012 12:08 AM
My fathers tumor is growing agian, the Dr.s are suggesting surgery. They say he would be a good candidate for Trans oral robotic surgery. They say this can cure it. He can't have any more Radiation tx's and chemo can only keep it at bay for a little longer. Any advice?
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Tors information? - 01-08-2012 01:18 AM
Here is a link for some info about TORS. This was in the OCF newsfeed on the main pages.

I have seen only a couple members go thru TORS surgey. From what I remember they did have success with this. You are lucky enough to have a choice of trying to beat this with TORS or chemo which would be only for pallitve care. I know it sounds strange saying you are lucky when you are dealing with a recurrence. I mean that you are very fortunate to be able to have a chance to recover from your treatment. Sadly not everyone gets this chance when facing a recurrence. I am a lucky prson too as I have gone thru OC 3 times and I am still here.

Best wishes with everything!
Posted By: Malka Re: Tors information? - 01-09-2012 01:01 AM
My doctor was going to use laser surgery but used TORS instead as it promissed to lead to less bleeding and quicker recovery. I had a BOT growth which thankfully turned out to be benign and found after effects to be about what I remember from long ago tonsillectomy.
Posted By: ceazar Re: Tors information? - 01-11-2012 03:07 PM
Thank you for the info and support;) Even though my father has to make some tough choices he still smiles. "One day at a time" he says. I will look up the site on TORS. My thoughts and prayers to you all!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum