Posted By: kellijojo Surgery Tomorrow - 07-20-2011 01:42 AM
Laptop died. Nook isnt conducive to posting. Rad neck/knee arthroscopy tomorrow (might as well get them both done!) I'm scared as hell. I'll check back in about a week. Prayers appreciated.

Nook is painful to type on!
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Surgery Tomorrow - 07-20-2011 02:31 AM
Its ok to be scared, we all are afraid going into these things. Ive had so many surgeries I have trouble keeping count. Dont worry, next week you will be doing great! I will keep you in my prayers for a successful outcome and quick recovery. (((HUGS)))
Posted By: Gabe Re: Surgery Tomorrow - 07-20-2011 02:50 AM
My thoughts and best wishes are with you Kellie.
I have reread some of your posts and am amazed that you are having a ND and the knee arthroscopy at the same time.
As you are a RN I guess you figured one lot of anaesthetic is the way to go.
You have had such a rough time lately that you deserve a break. Look forwarding to hearing you are doing well when you are able to post.
It�s a big {{{cyber hug}}} from me too.
Gabriele
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Surgery Tomorrow - 07-20-2011 12:25 PM
What is a Nook?

Good luck on the surgery.
Posted By: johnswife Re: Surgery Tomorrow - 07-20-2011 02:00 PM
A Nook is an e-reader, like a Kindle. Just got one myself and getting used to the internet typing, so I can relate Kellie!

Best to you Kellie on the surgery.

Bonnie
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Surgery Tomorrow - 07-20-2011 02:12 PM
A Nook is a wonderful little device from Barnes and Nobles! Its an e-reader. You download books and build yourself a library. They will hold thousands of books.

I have a Kindle which is Amazon's e-reader. There are a few differences between brands. I love it and always carry it with me. Its small and light, maybe 8 oz. The Kindle even will read the book out loud to me if I want. With the Kindle, I go onto Amazon (of course thru the OCF link) and select the books I want. Many are free. Then I click to buy it and within seconds the entire book is available to read. Many libraries also support these devices but I havent done that yet.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Surgery Tomorrow - 07-21-2011 06:01 AM
Good luck! Prayers and blessings are coming your way take care!!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum