Posted By: Christopher H Back to the ENT with a lump... - 04-08-2011 02:46 AM
Well,it's back to the ENT again,this time with a lump on my neck,right side just kind of behind (sort of...) the jaw....I hope,once again, that I am being paranoid...I had a sore on my tongue last year that turned out to be nothing,he actually said that it looked almost like a pimple!!! and a medrol pack pretty much took care of it. I also have a bad nocturnal habit of teeth grinding and with my tongue the way it is,I quite often bite the thing and often talk with a lisp. But I also consider myself lucky,considering what a lot of people here have been through.

I have been perusing the posts in here and see both the good and the bad...and as usual I know it's not cancer until they say it is!!

I have also been very tired of late...but that could be related to my under active thyroid...also some weird kind of head-achy things they kind of start at the base of my head close to the neck and sort of travel to just above my eye...kind of weird,but then I have a habit weird things happening to me....for instance a case of Henoch Shcoenlein Purpura when I was a kid and then a weird oattern of healing to a badly broken leg whch resulted in a bone graft....

Whether it is or isn't a recurrence we will see on the 12th, and then deal with whatever happens next.

I will keep you up to date!!!
Posted By: Suess57 Re: Back to the ENT with a lump... - 04-10-2011 05:13 PM
Good luck Tuesday. I know how you feel...I'm waiting until the 18th to find what is lurking in my sinuses..answers are good things, wondering not so much.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Back to the ENT with a lump... - 04-11-2011 12:23 AM
Boy my surgeon would love you - only one lump a YEAR to look at??? I'm afraid my doctor has probably looked at 4-5 lumps each year since I was diagnosed so you are doing very well. Even now three years after my second surgery I am still getting weird scar tissue lumps or suture granuloma lumps. Glad to hear you are on it and keep us posted.

We're here for you.

Donna
Posted By: walknlite Re: Back to the ENT with a lump... - 04-11-2011 03:09 AM
I just saw my RO last week for a lump on my neck. He said it was nothing to be concerned about, but wanted me to see my ENT just to be sure. I already had an appt. scheduled with him next week. So we are watching this lump to make sure it does not gor or gets smaller. Good luck with your ENT. I know mine is used to seeing me a lot because of a sore on my tongue or somthing hard in my neck. I would rather be overly paramoid than not paranoid enough and regret it.
Posted By: Christopher H Re: Back to the ENT with a lump... - 04-12-2011 09:32 AM
Thanks for your kind words!! I guess I'll know more today!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum