Posted By: ChristineB Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-25-2011 01:24 AM
Sadly, Liza has contacted me with the following news....

My cancer has come back again in my remaining nodes near, my parotid gland, under, my chin and also under my skin. My skin around my neck is all red and lumpy. They are going to treat me first with 3 months, of chemo in the hope the tumors,will shrink and stop them spreading further. If it works they will then radiate me. My odds ares very slim now but I am not losing hope. I have not posted, on OCF as I am in hospital waiting for a port to be inserted tomorrow. I am scared and feel so devastated but I have to keep on praying for a miracle. Please keep me in your prayers.

How can I not think about dying when.this is happens so fast? My odds are, not good but I keep thinking of people who are still here despite being in the last stages of this,illness. Because mine has infiltrated under, my skin, makes, it a worse prognosis. It is hard, red and sore...everyday it us getting tighter. All I pay for is, that God will heal me but also that he will give me strength and the ability to withstand intense chemo and that the chemo works to stop the cancer from growing any further.i think its a combination of 3 drugs, one of them being Cisplatin...didn't hear what the others were. the MO will come and see, me today. Can you please ask others to pray for me too.

I promised Liza I would post this and ask for everyone to pray for her.
Posted By: margaret_in_ma Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-25-2011 02:24 AM
Prayers sent, Christine. Many prayers.

- Margaret
Posted By: EricS Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-25-2011 03:18 AM
mine too. Love you Liza

Eric
Posted By: Susan2992 Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-25-2011 05:46 AM
Liza, sending my prayers your way also.
Posted By: Shelley K Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-25-2011 05:14 PM
I'm sending lots of positive vibes and prayers for you Liza!

Hugs,

Shelley
Posted By: aussieh Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-25-2011 09:46 PM
Dear Liza, I am upset about your news. I know you will deal with it with that deep resilience you have and the love and support of your family and many friends. I will be watching the board for news and thinking of you as you begin your chemo. With lots of love from Helen
Posted By: Gabe Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-26-2011 01:12 AM
Dear Liza
I am so very sorry to read the news posted by Christine.
Will also be watching for your posts as you go through the chemo.
Wish you lived closer...Sending you much love and hugs.
Gabriele
Posted By: walknlite Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-26-2011 03:45 AM
Liza, I hate reading this. My prayers are with you.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-26-2011 04:16 AM
Please pass along that I am sending many prayers for her. Her OCF family is her for her through ALL steps of this path and please let her know that.

Donna
Posted By: Cathi Carpenter Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-26-2011 10:49 PM
Oh, Liza, I am so sorry to hear this. You're in my heart my sweet friend with lots of love, thoughts and prayers for you!

Cathi
Posted By: zengalib Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-27-2011 05:10 PM
Thoughts and prayers coming your way!
Posted By: julieann Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-27-2011 11:05 PM
Liza:
My heartfelt prayers are with you now and will stay with you during your treatment and afterwards. Know that we all love and care for you.
julieann
Posted By: Lizzy67 Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-27-2011 11:54 PM
Thank you guys for your love, support and prayers. I am absolutely terrified and never imagined how vicious this cancer is. My while world has,been turned upside down. Trying to remain hopeful in the face of bad odds is the hardest thing I have had to do. But my focus, is, on my son who is 12 and I cannot bear the thought of, him being without a mother. All I can pay for is a miracle, as my doctors are not offering me any great odds even with treatment. Please continue to pray for me....i need this more than ever. Love and hugs xx
Posted By: Sue G Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-28-2011 02:47 AM
Dear Liza,

I saw on Facebook that you were in hospital but had no idea that your situation had changed so dramatically. You are such a lovely, caring person. When I first got OC I was told I was pretty much hit by a sniper's bullet - that there was no rhyme or reason for it (apart perhaps for genetics). The more I see people like yourself suffer horrendously with this disease the more random it appears.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and I hope that the chemotherapy is able to work some magic so that you can proceed with the radiation.

I am still reeling at this news.

Love to you and your family.

Sue G
Posted By: Sandy177 Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-28-2011 06:33 AM
Liza, my sweet friend, gather strength from all the love that is flowing in through thoughts and prayers! Prayers are being sent from friends and friends of friends. I pray for St. Jude and the Blessed Virgin Mary to intercede on your behalf and enable the chemotherapy to eliminate all the tumors and restore you to health. I will keep sending prayers. Love you! xoxoxox <3
Posted By: WendyG Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 03-28-2011 11:26 AM
Liza, I haven't been on ocf for a little bit so missed Christine's post on your behalf. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Never, ever give up. Sending love from NSW xxx
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 04-06-2011 03:25 PM
Well Liza and I have been in contact via Facebook Yesterday- she told me that it is in her glands, skin and muscle. She's still in the hospital. - she's had chemo, not feeling great, and of course scared. I'm sure she will check in again soon. But my prayers are with her and I have told her and would like to reiterate again here. She can do this... Odds and percentages are just a number. It doesn't mean they will be her outcome. She's strong, and can and will beat this.

Much love and many prayers to you Liza... Miracles are people who've heard the odds but decided not to believe.

Posted By: aussieh Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 04-07-2011 02:53 AM
Dear Liza, I think of you every day and send you love and positive energy. I know I am one of many around the world who are wishing you well. Lots of love from Helen
Posted By: tizz Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 04-07-2011 11:04 PM
Dear Liza, It was great to have those chats on the phone and I'm sorry that I didn't get to visit when I was in Perth last week. I hope you're feeling somewhat better, you're such a positive person.
I also hope that all the construction going on around the hospital isn't too noisy:-)! (For those who don't know, the hospital is being re-built and will be named after Professor Fiona Stanley, the world's burns expert). Will give you a call soon.

Love,
Merrie Brooks
Posted By: AnneO Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 04-08-2011 12:37 AM
Dear Liza,
My sister-in-law, the quilter, made me a quilt while I was in treatment, using a "Hope" theme, the word "hope repeated throughout, some lovely colors. I look at it and see hope that never ends. All of us can retain hope for something, no matter what. Liza, I've been thinking and praying about you. I hope the chemo stops the cancer in its tracks. I have heard of people with seemingly hopeless cancers who have have experienced an improvement after experimental treatment.
I hope for you the best, too.
Anne
Posted By: Lizzy67 Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 04-08-2011 02:18 AM
THank you everyone for you well wishes. I have finished round 1 of chemo..so far the swelling around my jaw and neck seems to have gone down..my oncologist seemed pleased anyway!! My hair is starting to fall and apart from heartburn I am coping well..even cleaned the house today and jumped on the rebound trampoline for a good 20 mins!! I am eating well...trying to gain kilos that I lost ready for round 2 starting on the 18th of April. I must have the record for recurrences...twice in a matter of weeks! God willing, the chemo will shrink the tumours enough for radiation to then do its job. My neck already looks like its been burnt!

Although my prognosis is not good, I am just happy to feel human again after the first round of chemo. It's great to be be back home with my family and loved ones...their support and prayers along with the many who are praying for me around the world lifts my spirits up. Each day is a gift and I am just happy to open my eyes every morning and see another new day! And I know many people who have been given just a limited amount of time to live, but have defied the odds to do so my faith and hope is still alive.

You guys have been wonderful..thank you for your prayers....I really apprecaite it. xx
Posted By: aussieh Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 04-08-2011 04:25 AM
Wow, welcome home Liza. You are amazing - cleaning and exercising! Talk about tough. Mentally and physically. Glad you are able to eat now and enjoy being with your family. No doubt you will be stronger for your next chemo treatments. Well done, with love from Helen
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 04-08-2011 08:47 AM
Liza, thats wonderful that you are finally home. Please do not overdo it and wear yourself out. So glad to read that you are doing so well. I wish you all the best with this hurdle you must get over. (((HUGS)))) and prayers being sent your way!!!!
Posted By: WendyG Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 04-08-2011 10:52 AM
Glad to hear that you are home and eating. Eat as much as you can between chemo's. We managed to put onto steve what he would lose each chemo, between chemo's so it kept him going. You will get through this ok, your a tough Aussie woman. Prognosis isn't always right either remember. It's just a stat. Steve is a constant reminder of that. Going by the doctor's he shouldn't be here, but here he is smile Take care my lovely friend. Sending lots of love across the country.
Posted By: AnneO Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 04-09-2011 12:39 AM
Liza,
Sounds to me like you are doing wonderfully at home. That's so great!
We are all on your side.
Anne
Posted By: Gabe Re: Lizzie67 our Australian friend - 04-09-2011 01:32 AM
Hi Liza,
Have been out of action these last couple of days or would have posted sooner.
I am so glad that you are home being active and trying to gain weight.
Above all it is great that you are back with family, friends and loved ones which has be the very best medicine.
Continue to enjoy the next 9 days before round 2.
Think about you all the time and wishing you continued strength to fight this dreadful desease.
Love and hugs
Gabriele xxx
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum