Posted By: Alpaca Again? - 02-24-2011 06:24 PM
Had a biopsy yesterday - doctor found a little lump and wasn't sure if it was scar tissue or a tumour, My rational self tells me it's probably scar tissue because it's near the join, but I'm operating on a plan B principle and getting my house in order.

Partly my fault because I never inspect my tongue to check changes because I find it too distressing.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Again? - 02-24-2011 06:53 PM
Sorry you are facing a scare. Please take a deep breath and focus on the positive. If your house is like mine, getting it in order will keep your mind very busy.

Sorry to read of the devastating earthquake in NZ. Hope you are and your family are ok.

Please come back and let us know the good news that your test is negative.
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Again? - 02-24-2011 07:10 PM
Sometimes a lump is just a lump. I sure know where you are at, and somehow getting your house in order does make you feel more able to deal with whatever is coming at you. It is one thing we have some control over. I have had many lumps like yours checked out, and the ones along the seams have always been fibrosis / scar tissue / lumps, and I am praying that is what yours is. In the meantime, don't let cancer steal today. Enjoy your day and put the biopsy out of your mind as much as you can.

Keep posting.

donna
Posted By: Alpaca Re: Again? - 02-27-2011 06:05 AM
Thank you! A lump is just a lump. I like that. Don't know when I'll get the results but my cupboards are clean:)
Posted By: Alpaca Re: Again? - 02-27-2011 06:44 AM
And Christine, thank you for your kind words about the earthquake. We live in Northland where the main faultline is out to sea I think.

But the Christchurch quake has rocked this little country in a way I have never before experienced in my 64 years.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum