Posted By: Pandora99 Has it returned?? - 12-14-2010 01:57 AM
The area where my tongue is tethered to my mouth on the left side - from my 2004 surgery (free flap/neck dissection), is now sporting a red looking spot/sore/thingie. Had appt @ CancerCare today - surgeon will see me again in 2-4 weeks and if unchanged at that point he will do a biopsy.

He says he doesn't think it is anything to worry about - but he knows how I fret so he wants to be sure so that I rest easier. I always think this is his way of "managing me".

How many spots/lumps/bumps have I been through? How many sleepless nights?? How many hours have I wasted with catastrophic thinking???

I am disappointed with myself in that with all I have learned in the last almost 7 years, I seem to still have a hard time calming my fears.

I will pray for strength and listen again to The Power of Now so that I can live in the moment and not "go there".

Just venting...thanks for listening.

Donna
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Has it returned?? - 12-14-2010 02:54 AM
Donna, I am so sorry you are having a problem and even thinking about the possbility of a recurrence. You have been thru it twice already and know the drill. Do your very best to stay busy so your mind isnt working overtime thinking 'what if'.

Hope you do not have any more sleepless nights. Maybe try listening to some beautiful Christmas music. I especially love listening to a Chistmas CD a dear friend made me which includes Susan Boyle. Her voice is amazing!

Prayers and ((((HUGS)))) being sent your way!
Posted By: walknlite Re: Has it returned?? - 12-14-2010 05:28 AM
Donna, I know your fear. I pray that it is just a sore and will go away in a few days so you can ease your mind.
Posted By: julieann Re: Has it returned?? - 12-14-2010 05:48 PM
Me, too, Donna. I just sent up a BIG prayer for you to have no reaccurance, and that it will disappear and clear up soon so that you can relax. I guess all of us worry about things in our mouth areas that seem to pop up overnight and that causes us to freak - I know it does me. So, hopefully, my prayer, and all the others from your Fellow forum members, will be answered soon.
Julieann
Posted By: Charm2017 Re: Has it returned?? - 12-15-2010 12:20 AM
Donna Donna Donna

Blaming yourself for being human? It's all very well to aspire to Tolle's exhortations, but 99% of the world are not living them day to day. How could you help but worry.
Repeat after me this Holiday mantra: Sometimes a spot is just a spot. Take a deep cleansing breathe and repeat again. Afterall, that is all you really do know NOW.
Oh, and you know that your experienced surgeon does not think it's anything to worry about (code for it's not cancer)

I happen to know that you have a very eclectic collection of Christmas songs, ranging from Susan Boyle thru Il Divo to Kenny G. So I join in Christine's suggestion to put them on, especially Susan Boyle's "Make Me a Channel of Your Peace" - a new favorite of mine.

Peace and Love
Charm

Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Has it returned?? - 12-15-2010 05:22 PM
Hi, Donna,

Whenever I am going through the "what ifs", I always find a good funny movie helps me release some stress. There us nothing like a good long laughing jag. Some of my favs are "Planes, Trains, Automobiles," "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels", "Heart Breakers", "Raising Arizona". I'm sure I have more but that's a good start. It will help pass the time before your next appointment, too.

My best to you-
Anita
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum