Posted By: Netsky The immense suffering has ended! - 08-16-2010 03:01 AM
I am posting on the recurrence forum since this is where I posted back in April when my Dad had his recurrence. With very heavy heart and profound sadness i am posting that my Dad, John, went to sleep holding my hand and woke up in the presence of God on 8/4. This after 10 months of dealing with cancer of the buccal mucosa. Although I was not a frequent poster due to time ( I was traveling far to be with my Dad and have young family 1500 mi away) I was a lurker and would come here to educate myself find encouragement. No regrets I spent so much time with him the last 3 months at times forsaking my own family to aid my only sibling to care for him. He passed away after waking up from unresponsive state to say goodbye to me and sister and joined loved ones that had passed but he could see in his living room. I miss him so much a have a huge void esp since mom passed 8 yrs ago from breast cancer. To all the survivors and caregivers... many prayers for strength...make each moment count.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: The immense suffering has ended! - 08-16-2010 03:31 AM
Netsky, I am sorry for the loss of your father. You were blessed with being able to say goodbye before he passed on. Hope the good memories will bring you some comfort.
Posted By: ESikon Re: The immense suffering has ended! - 08-16-2010 03:58 AM
As I hold back the tears, a smile is also upon my face, knowing that your dad was able to say goodbye to you and your sister. I hope you continue to visit us here at OCF and wish you the best.
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: The immense suffering has ended! - 08-16-2010 02:38 PM
Netsky,

I am so sorry that your beloved Dad is gone. Your post is so touching---that you had the opportunity to say goodbye to him. That is something many will not ever get to do. You are a good man to have spent the time you had with him. I am sure that your Dad was comforted knowing you were there holding his hand.

Anita
Posted By: wendys Re: The immense suffering has ended! - 08-20-2010 03:22 PM
Netsky, I am so sorry that your Dad is gone. Thank you for being there for him, spending time with him, loving him and seeing him through this. I know my thoughts are always how will my loved ones get by if I too have a reoccurance and they are unable to win. So my heart is broken for all of the caregivers here on the ofc forum. Thank you so much for helping us!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum