If anyone in the Boston is area is looking for PEG tube supplies, we have several boxes of Osmolite 1.5 as well as Glucerna 1.2 and 1.5. I also have several gravity bags, 30 mml syringes, etc. I would hate to throw these away, but I cannot seem to locate a place to donate them easily.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Boston, MA Area - Tube Feeding Supplies - 03-10-2016 05:33 PM
Thank you for your generosity. If you do not find a taker please consider trying The Oley Foundation's patient exchange program. They will match someone who is in need with what you have to donate.
Hi Christine,

Thank you for the suggestion! I will keep this in mind. I am hoping someone in need can take the supplies since we have so many!

Posted By: ChristineB Re: Boston, MA Area - Tube Feeding Supplies - 03-11-2016 03:35 AM
Ive seen this happen to many families and its rare to find a match here on the forum. There are so many types of formula patients can be put on. Then the location makes it tricky too.

I have donated several times directly to my nutritionist who in turn passes it right along to another patient. I dont think she is really supposed to take it, as I know a few people who the same hospital said they couldnt take it. My nutritionist has so many who cant afford the supplies that she always knows someone who needs it.

Ive also heard of nursing homes might take it or even food banks.

Hopefully your items will find a place where they can be put to good use. Thank you again for your generosity!!!
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Boston, MA Area - Tube Feeding Supplies - 03-11-2016 01:27 PM
I donated what we had left to a local hospice. They said if they couldn't use it, they would give it to someone in the community.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Boston, MA Area - Tube Feeding Supplies - 03-12-2016 03:09 AM
Excellent!!! Thank you for the update smile
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum