Posted By: bjlral Checking in... progressing along - 09-05-2013 06:26 PM
Richard is two weeks out - post treatment. And is doing surprisingly well, although....

The things that I thought he would have an easy time eating, papaya, smoothies, applesauce, mac and cheese,ice cream, bananas, do not go down well. He says they burn.
And the food I thought would be a "fail", he has no problem with, boiled eggs, swiss cheese, Spaghetti with meat sauce, peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat bread, he has enjoyed!
Go figure.. I guess everyone is uniquely different, especially when it comes to food.
Barbara (CG of Richard) once again moving into a new normal
Posted By: donfoo Re: Checking in... progressing along - 09-05-2013 07:32 PM
Glad to hear Richard is eating well, that is so critical. If his taste buds are working then he is off to a great recovery. Read guidelines but follow what works best, every person has their own path back to health. don
Posted By: PaulB Re: Checking in... progressing along - 09-05-2013 08:33 PM
At two weeks post treatment sounds like he is doing great! I still can't eat most fruits, acid burns, no taste. Bread I couldn't eat for a year or so. It was a texture thing, the same with potatoes. To save time, money I went to a buffet a few times, and tried most everything, if I liked it, I then made/ate in the future. I think tasting most everything can also help it getting some taste buds back due to memory, but there is other involvement too.
Posted By: JamesD Re: Checking in... progressing along - 09-06-2013 12:03 AM
I am sort of jealous of Richard. If I could eat one off his list I would be thrilled and I'm 6 weeks ahead of him. Tell him to keep up the good work and how proud you are of him. How proud I am of him!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Checking in... progressing along - 09-06-2013 01:02 PM
I think I was in the hospital getting a nasal tube my 2nd week post Tx.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum