Posted By: lola7172 Case of formula - local donation - 05-16-2013 04:08 AM
I am aware of the Oley Foundation. But any ideas how I can give these cans to folks locally or find how? It's Jevity 1.2 cal. I also have supplies. I used for my nasal feelings.
Thanks for your feedback.
Posted By: slim Re: Case of formula - local donation - 05-16-2013 02:33 PM
I donated all our unused supplies to the Cancer Center where John was treated.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Case of formula - local donation - 05-16-2013 07:48 PM
If they wont take it try calling a nutritionist. I always donate my leftovers directly to my nutritionist. The hospital itself wont take the items but she will and then offer it to her patients who are without insurance. Another alternative is to try a nursing home or assisted living center. Many of the items are also used by the elderly who have eating problems.

Posted By: donfoo Re: Case of formula - local donation - 05-16-2013 08:40 PM
If you want to give back locally, then maybe a call to the county public health department can hook you up to local agency that can offer it to local clients who need it. don
Posted By: PaulB Re: Case of formula - local donation - 05-17-2013 01:39 AM
Check the expiration date on it. Some may not except for that reasons, maybe, but can't see that stuff going bad for decades, like space food. Good luck, and good idea.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Case of formula - local donation - 05-21-2013 01:32 AM
I donated a lot of excess medical supplies to Hospice
Posted By: lola7172 Re: Case of formula - local donation - 06-03-2013 10:56 PM
Just a quick update- I found that our local Salvation Army needed/takes these cans. There was a real need and my cans had an expiration of a year from now. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that there are options. My hospital or food bank could not accept these.
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Case of formula - local donation - 06-03-2013 11:39 PM
Thanks for the update, Lola! I would never have thought of the Salvation Army using feeding supplies. I will be sure to pass this along with my other recommendations in the future.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum