Posted By: ESikon Free supplies - 12-07-2010 06:30 PM
I have about a months worth of gravity bags and bolus 60ml syringes for anyone who wants them. I also have several cases of Fibersource cans as well. Let me know if anyone is interested in any of these items, I want to get rid of them ASAP.

Posted By: debandbill Re: Free supplies - 12-08-2010 12:50 AM
Elizabeth,

If no one takes you up on this, try calling your RO's office. Bill's RO's office was very happy to get our stuff..almost as happy as we were to get it out of the house. They were able to give it to patients that could not afford the supplements and supplies.

Just a thought,

Deb
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Free supplies - 12-08-2010 01:08 AM
If you had a nutritionist at the hospital where you were treated they may take them. My old nutritionist was thrilled whenever I was able to give her my leftovers.
Posted By: slim Re: Free supplies - 12-08-2010 01:32 PM
We donated John's supplies to the Cancer Center he was treated at. The nurse said they have a lot of patients who can't afford the supplies. So HAPPY you don't need them anymore.
Posted By: ESikon Re: Free supplies - 12-08-2010 03:34 PM
I asked MD Anderson but they won't take them back, said something about if for some reason the cans needed to be recalled them they would have to have documentation on who they gave the free stuff to in order to notify them and that it was more work for them, blah, blah, blah.

I also called the supplier but they said nope too. I will call one of the local hospitals or something.

Thanks for the advice! I just want to bless someone else with it.
Posted By: Bonniey Re: Free supplies - 12-08-2010 10:10 PM
Hi Elizabeth,

I sent you a PM about the supplies in that I was interested in some of your items if they work with our pump. You can get back to me.

Thanks,
Bonniey
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum