Posted By: EzJim Dead jaw bone - 06-26-2010 01:35 AM
My mouth is still driving me crazy and hurting like hell has built it's biggest fire in it. I am down to 152 and it seems I am losing about a lb a day right now. Everything hurts and burns . It at times feels like the bone is disintagrating and feels like I have chips floating between my cheek and gums. This evening as I was force feeding, I put my finger inside and felt for the 1st time. The bone has a very sharp edge and that is where the pain on the left lower jaw bone is. The right side of my tongue muscle has a nice size nasty hurting lump to divide the pain to both left and right. I will call my Oncologist and ENT after I get moved this weekend, but this crap sure lets you know you are still alive. Maybe a 3rd set of teeth and growing a new right side of my tongue?? LOL I wish. Just airing it out all but know I will catch it from some of you. Thanks for listening.
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Dead jaw bone - 06-27-2010 12:53 AM
Hi, Jim,

I haven't been on here in a while. I am so sorry that you are having so much pain. Are you on any medications for your discomfort? I thought that I had read a while back that you were on methadone. Is that not working? You are a fighter and I know you are not shy about calling and demanding to see the ENT and ONC. Good luck with your move and I hope you get relief from the pain very soon.

Anita
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Dead jaw bone - 06-27-2010 04:40 AM
Sorry to hear you are still in so much pain. After having my teeth removed last year, for months I still had tiny pieces of bones in my gums. Those little shards were sharp and caused intense pain. I would go to the doc to have him remove the pieces and it would instantly feel better. Maybe thats all it is, a tiny piece of bone or tooth that has worked itself up to the surface and needs to be taken out. Take those meds and call your doc on Monday.

Good luck with your move and I hope you feel better soon.
Posted By: WendyG Re: Dead jaw bone - 06-28-2010 10:59 AM
Hi Jim

Hope you are ok. Just wanted you to know we are thinking of you over here in Australia. Take care.

Wendy xx
Posted By: airkitty Re: Dead jaw bone - 06-28-2010 01:24 PM
Hi Jim,
Sorry for the pain. Please let us know what the doc says. My dentist has told me many times that small aggravations in the mouth feel huge. Amen to that! Good luck to you.
mark
Posted By: julieann Re: Dead jaw bone - 06-28-2010 04:14 PM
Hi Jim:

Sure hate you're having all that pain - by now you should have already been to the doctor, so let us know what's going on. What a horrible time for something to act up - just when you're trying to get moved. I hope all the kids are helping eek They better be! We've also sold our house in the country and will be moving by Aug 15 into town. The heat here drains you, and I'm not looking forward to moving; haven't packed a thing at all like you did right away. Take care and write after you see the doctor.

julieann
julieann
Posted By: David2 Re: Dead jaw bone - 06-28-2010 10:55 PM
Jim - so sorry to read about this, especially after all you've been through. My thoughts are with you and I hope you get some relief soon!

D2
Posted By: EzJim Re: Dead jaw bone - 06-29-2010 01:17 AM
I haven't seen my Drs yet and even missed an Appt. today with my Cardiologist. I betthey tried to call me but my phone is long gone for the laat 3 days. Old ma bell shut it off 2 days early.
Posted By: Malka Re: Dead jaw bone - 06-29-2010 01:24 AM
Jim,
Rottne news about your pain.

Please tell your docs that qwe are counting on your getting over this latesst problem.

Ooops - bad typing must be contagious!! Actually not, I am a lousy typist, I normally go back and correct every third word. I would never want to be accused of taking the typo crown from you.
Posted By: Gabe Re: Dead jaw bone - 06-29-2010 01:32 AM
Hey Jim,
So sorry you are having such a hard time of it especially with the move. Do you have a mobile that you can contact the doctors on the try and get new appointments?
Time to call on all your Angels.
Love from one of them.
Gabriele
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Dead jaw bone - 06-29-2010 03:57 AM
When you disconnected the phone, there is an option to have a referral put on. Its good for 30 days for free. If you want it longer, then its only like $5 per month to extend it. Call the phone co. and make sure they put a referral on for you so your doctors can contact you.
Posted By: Nancy T Re: Dead jaw bone - 06-30-2010 09:01 PM
Jim,
Sorry to hear you're having so much pain. I sure hope you get to see the docs soon. Figures it would be worse now with the move coming up but hopefully you will see them soon and get something to help before the weekend gets here. You're in my prayers!!! Feel better.

Nancy T
Posted By: Pandora99 Re: Dead jaw bone - 07-01-2010 02:29 AM
(((((((((JIM)))))))))))

Wish I could do something to take the pain away for you. Get thee to a doctor!! Hope the move goes smoothly.

Donna
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum