We have several unopened cases of the supplement Osmolite, used in feeding tubes (not the drink) and no longer need them. The pharmacy will not take it back, nor will the manufacturer. I have tried with no success to contact local hospice, food banks, Red Cross, and some other organizations hoping to donate the supplement.

Can anyone suggest where else I might try? I hate to throw away perfectly good Osmolite.

Thanks in advance.
Our docs/dieticians at the hospital where my husb got Tx said they take it if we had any left. Check with your Cancer Center. Very nice of you to want to donate.
Best wishes.
We donated our unopened cans and other supplies to our Cancer Center. They were very grateful for the donation. I hope you are doing o.k. It's a rough road you have been down. I lost my mom 2 1/2 years ago to Pancreatic Cancer and I miss her every day.
I donated mine to the hospital's nutritionist. She said she uses it to help people wo cant afford to buy it.
At MDA they told me that they don't accept donations because then they would have to monitor expiration dates and lot numbers in case there was ever a recall situation.

Maybe try looking into the American Cancer Society.
I just remembered, there is a national database that my nutritionist mentioned to me. Its something thru different hospitals where they help patients who cant afford the formulas. I will try to contact her tomorrow to get more info.
Our RO's office took the cases of Nutren and extra supplies that we had left over. The nurses and nutritionists were very happy to get them as they had lots of people who had no way to pay for it.

Deb
The nurses at a local hospital endoscopy unit took it to give to people who were waiting for their insurance to approve it when I had some extra Jevity 1.2 left over when I moved up to Jevity 1.5. My CCC had the same story as MDA so I just called around.
charm
Thanks to everyone for your responses.
I've emailed the local hospitals and gotten more 'no thank yous.'

Thanks again.
I called a few places and called my RO's office as well. They said they would gladly take them because they donate them to patients who do have insurance.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum