Posted By: ESikon Fibular Flap - 02-05-2010 10:41 PM
Last time I saw my plastic surgeon that did the fibular flap, he commented that if I wanted to in about a year, he could close up the fibular flap site a bit more since I had extra skin. That would be great since then it won't be as wide of a deformity but then again I wonder if its really worth it. Right now, it doesn't bother me, I guess because its winter and my leg is mostly covered. I worry in the summer, I might get a little more self conscious about it seeing I am still young and love my skirts and shorts. Is this something insurance would even cover or is this considered cosmetic? Has anyone even done such a thing before?

Posted By: EricS Re: Fibular Flap - 02-05-2010 10:52 PM
The only time I'm conscience of my scar is when I'm wearing heals....
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Fibular Flap - 02-06-2010 01:29 AM
No one here will know what your insurance will or won't cover. The doctor's office ahould be able to find that out for you. You've been through so much you should do whatever you can to make yourself feel better.

Eric, how often is that?
Posted By: Isa Re: Fibular Flap - 02-06-2010 05:24 AM
Try to get the insurance to cover it. If really bothers you, I would consider putting in a creditcard or maybe a tatoo....
Posted By: EricS Re: Fibular Flap - 02-06-2010 02:43 PM
Elizabeth,

In all seriousness I've never heard of "closing up" the flap area. My dr's have always been good about writing up my procedures so they are taken care of...even when they may be considered more "cosmetic". So it's worth a shot to talk to the Dr if it's something you want to do. I say whatever makes you feel better.

Jerry, I perform biweekly at the Ugliest Drag Show on earth in Deliveranceville Idaho for extra spending money lol :))
Posted By: DonB Re: Fibular Flap - 02-06-2010 09:54 PM
Eric,
Now I get it!
Flap graft site heals...
Performing...
Drag Shows...
High Heels!!!
Posted By: EricS Re: Fibular Flap - 02-06-2010 11:20 PM
Don, exactly LOL, so funny!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum