Posted By: EzJim Pain - 01-26-2010 05:58 PM
This morning about 3AM, I woke with the worst pain from my my left throat area, into my left jaw and tongue, thru my upper left jaw and into my left ear. I took the meds and they didn't do much so I have been up and busy since. I took more percs and now I can at least breathe easier. This stuff is like me LOL never ending.
Posted By: Nancy T Re: Pain - 01-26-2010 06:53 PM
Hey there, EZ J. Sorry you're having so much pain. Wish I could twitch my nose like "Bewitched" and make it go away. You're right, it seems to be neverending. My mom is still hanging in there. Some good days, some bad. Still on the PEG & nothing by mouth for almost a year now. Mouth has been bleeding and surgeon went in and cauterized something. I asked what it was he cauterized and she said she didn't ask and he didn't say. I can't help but wonder if it's little cancers that he's cauterizing. She says 3 steps forward and 2 steps back but... she still has a smile on her face too. Take care and hope you feel better.
Posted By: slim Re: Pain - 01-26-2010 07:56 PM
frown Hey Jim. I'm sorry you are in pain. Can you call the doctor and maybe get something stronger? Hope you get some relief soon.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Pain - 01-27-2010 03:41 AM
slim. I really won't take anything stronger. LOL I like to be in charge of this body and not it in charge of me. Thanks for the advice tho..
Posted By: Tammy63 Re: Pain - 01-27-2010 05:42 AM
I can relate to the ear pain. I take a Norco and it seems to help but I still know the pain is there. The side of my jaw is still numb off and on so I get pain here and there and very careful when I yawn. I have a herbal heat pad I put in the microwave and it seems to calm the pain and me down. Other then that my Doc says suck it up and I will begin to live with the pain. Everyone is so different so I hope you will find something helpful here if not at least you have a lot of understanding people.
Posted By: Gary Re: Pain - 01-27-2010 08:08 AM
I had pressure buildup in one ear and they put me on a 10 day cousre for Prednisone which took care of it.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Pain - 01-27-2010 03:50 PM
Tammy , when you yawn does it feel as if what's left of your tongue is ripping out of your lower jaw? I tried to stiffle the yawns, but that just makes it hurt more.
Posted By: Ray1971 Re: Pain - 02-02-2010 12:17 AM
Sometimes my tongue feels like its ripping apart when I do the stretches...

lol..you guys ever stop a sneeze!! Man, sometimes I can feel my neck break!!
Posted By: EzJim Re: Pain - 02-03-2010 07:20 AM
Nancy, I bet you are cute when you twitch your nose. Send me a pic of you doing it the next time. Naw, I bet you are cute anyway.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum