Posted By: tristeve weird one .....I eat and then sweat profusly - 01-12-2010 04:04 AM
I just thought I would run this by my friends here. I am 16 weeks and doing alright. Usual stuff, dry mouth, lack of alot of taste, weak, aches and painf, but truly OK.
When I eat, no mater what it is ice cream or mexican food, I sweat a bunch. I just had dinner and I needed a towel to wipe off my head. My belief is that I have wo work so hard for every bite, chew chew chew, drink-swallow. Have any of you had a similar experience?

Steve

Many OC patients experience this after tx. Its something to do with your nerves.
Check out some of these posts, they discuss the same thing...

http://oralcancersupport.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=106772#Post106772
Yes- eating is literally exhausting. So much effot. I would come home from work every night and eat a batch of cupcakes in addition to dinner. Those days are over (boo hoo) now and eating is less of a stressful chore. It too me a long time for me to get up to speed. Make sure you suppliment with the Ensure for awhile until you can get enough nutrients.

Keep going!!! You will get through this and come out the other end.

KATE
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum