Posted By: Cookey Three steps forward....Two steps back - 05-09-2007 04:33 AM
Rob and i have been in Yorkshire for the last ten days ,and what a difference it has made.My whole outlook has brightened because for a short while i had a full support network in place,and this meant i felt much more able to cope.On Monday Rob ate a bowl of soup.On Tuesday he managed a scrambled egg as well as soup.Couple of bad days followed, but then again on Friday he ate some Cottage Pie(Ground beef and mash).Unfortunately we are in a bad spell again at the moment but i feel every time he takes a few steps forward ,he doesnt go so far back any more !
Cookey,

It does sound as though Rob is progressing somewhat even though slowly. I gather this from your earlier posts. Keep him on the straight and narrow and maintain the upper hand.

Bill D.
Posted By: 1wife4mothers Re: Three steps forward....Two steps back - 05-09-2007 11:40 AM
It takes time to heal.
As a caretaker my hardest task was to keep tempting, pushing and caring without being a witch.
Hang in there, every day helps.
Maggie
Posted By: JAM Re: Three steps forward....Two steps back - 05-09-2007 09:25 PM
Boy, Maggie, glad to know you could do it without being a withc- my witch's hat was on more than it was off. Liz, glad you got to go homw! Amy in the Ozarks
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum