Posted By: fernandezrobles Could appear again in a few months??? - 09-22-2006 12:32 AM
Hi
my mother had a surgery last july 22, she has cancer in the base tongue, the doctor said that she was practically cured, the analysis after the surgery said that only the 5% of cancer risk, but recently we note two small lesions next the last lesion that was removed, it could be cancer again in only two months??? could be possible??????

Please, I need some support in this, tanx
Posted By: Joanna Re: Could appear again in a few months??? - 09-22-2006 12:26 PM
Fernandez, only a doctor can properly evaluate the new lesions. For your peace of mind as well as hers, I urge you to make sure she sees her doctor promptly. I wish you both well.
Posted By: JAM Re: Could appear again in a few months??? - 09-22-2006 09:38 PM
Fernandez, don't put off get ting this checked out. I wish you both wellness too. Amy
Posted By: Mommysgirl Re: Could appear again in a few months??? - 09-23-2006 10:01 AM
Hi Fernandez,

I hope your moms well now.What the doctor diagnose the new lesions as? My mother underwent surgery as well as radiation(brachytherapy)less than 3weeks back and is complaining of another lump.Please tell me what the doctor advised you?

Take care

Eva
Hi Eva

We went to the doctors, and before the lab analysis he said that was a simple hurt (not cancer) but he gave her some medicine, and if in 15 days nothing happen, he has to make a biopsy to be sure there
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum