Posted By: Robr New concern - 08-14-2006 03:39 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to post up and say I have been having pretty bad neck spasms for some time now around my orgional met site and low and behold, they found what can only be described as an "enlarged" node in my neck through CT.

The CT goes to tumor board tomorrow.

Christine is very upset. I keep telling her the old saying "it's not cancer till they tell ya it is".

Funny she has been so positive throughout this whole ordeal while I have been the pessimist.
HMMMMMM.

Honestly I dont feel like it's anything.

I am not going out to the ledge until I have to.

More to follow.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Posted By: Charlotte J Re: New concern - 08-14-2006 07:38 PM
Rob,
Please let us know what you learn. Tom had spasms, too, but turned out to be just nerves and muscles healing. I'll keep positive thoughts going your way and look forward to your next post.
Charlotte
Posted By: Nanci Re: New concern - 08-14-2006 08:07 PM
Rob.

Hang in there. Thoughts go with you. I always believe we should not panic until we need to. We always have plenty of time for the Panic to set in. The Waiting is the worst.. After my surgery, I asked, what in the world were you pullling on besides my tongue?? My lips hurt, my teeth hurt, everything hurt, I had a swollen node. So just maybe Charlotte is right..and its a nerve healing process. That hurts too!!!
Posted By: minniea Re: New concern - 08-14-2006 11:30 PM
Hey Robert,

I also have horrible neck spasms, on a daily basis now. They are in the area of my neck disection and in my jaw. My cancer was in my jaw and one lymphnode. I also had an area along my disection scar that seemed enlarged to me and it scared me alot. My doctor told me that the scar tissue had increased and the spasms are common. I hope you get the same news. I'm praying hard for you, although my gut tells me you're fine.
Love,
Minnie
Posted By: Vin Re: New concern - 08-15-2006 12:25 AM
Robert,

My spouse had neck spams from the surgery. A few weeks after the surgery (a dissection of the left neck) a palpable node popped-up on the right neck. We got were worried.

We saw the tumor board team right after the node popped-up. Each of he three Doctor on the team felt the node and said that it was not cancerous. One of these doctors ordered a CT scan and the scan report also indicated that the node was not cancerous. About a month later we saw an ENT at a CCC who also felt that the node was not cancerous plus it had not been getting any better.

This ENT order an FNA biopsy which showed the node not to be cancerous. A little later the node was no longer palpable.

We worried needlessly. I hope that you get good news about the node.
Posted By: Robr Re: New concern - 08-15-2006 10:42 AM
Wow, Thanks everybody. I'll keep you in the loop. Vin, great to hear about your husbands node. Gives me hope.

I am sure we will re-image no matter what. I hope it has gone down. My insurnace company hates me!

Thanks again.

Tumor board meets at 4:00p.m. today. Talk to you all soon.
ok so I am starting to freak just a little....
Posted By: Nelie Re: New concern - 08-15-2006 12:46 PM
Rob, You'll be in my thoughts this afternoon. Nelie
Posted By: didier Re: New concern - 08-15-2006 02:44 PM
Rob,

Hang in there, buddy. You're in my thoughts.

Dave
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum