Posted By: ShawnaMargo Bull Frog Voice - 12-05-2005 03:47 PM
Hey y'all! Howdy from Minne-SNOW ta. It's a balmy 7 degrees today. We are doing very well-quick ? for all you that had IMRT--my dad's voice sounds froggy at times-I am speculating that it has something to do with scar tissue on the vocal cords and oral/pharangeal dryness. We're curious if this has happened to any of you and did it resolve?
Thanks-Still no Cancer as far as we know.
How is Barry/Gail and Michael/Seth?

Later Cyber friends.
Posted By: John N Re: Bull Frog Voice - 12-05-2005 04:15 PM
I sounded like a frog from 2 mos to 8 mos after treatment. It was worse in the AM and got better in the PM. It eventually went away. I was told it is from the swelling and fluid accumulation in the neck
Posted By: Mark Re: Bull Frog Voice - 12-05-2005 06:59 PM
I joined our church choir at about that time and had a new-found bass range. Mine got better over time.
Posted By: Shelley K Re: Bull Frog Voice - 12-05-2005 07:00 PM
My husband is a little over a year out from radiation and still sounds froggy sometimes. Like John said, it's worse in the morning and gets better as the day goes on. Plus I think the cold weather may be a factor too. Your Dad may even experience fluid build up at night time when he's sleeping. My husband has that too. What helps him is to sleep more propped up and not lay flat. Hope this helps.

Shelley
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum