Posted By: KirkGeorgia Good News! - 09-10-2004 10:11 AM
With all of the bad news on the board lately, I hesitate to add this new thread, but I remember that good news is always appreciated here and maybe this is a better time for it than at other times. I just had my first CT Scan and visit with my Oncologist after along with my annual physical and everything is clear and clean. Chest X-ray and CT Scan are clear, no indication of any cancer, blood work is all good with triglycerides(sp) and cholesterol all in the good ranges. Only issue is a little anemia which I was perscribed to go back on Procrit for 6 weeks. As this was my first post-treatment check, I was a little apprehensive but the news was so good I had to share it. I pray I haven't caused any discomfort for anyone here. Just some good news to help balance some of the other.
Posted By: David Rex Re: Good News! - 09-10-2004 10:25 AM
Good news is what we live for at this site, right? Congratulations!! It's kind of like shadow boxing now. No visible opponent and no strategy, but wait and see.

Thanks for bringing some sunshine in the morning!

David
Posted By: Snoopy Re: Good News! - 09-10-2004 10:32 AM
Woooohooooo!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your clean scans!!! It's so uplifting to see some good news, thank you for sharing!
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: Good News! - 09-10-2004 11:40 AM
Hello Kirk,

Thanks for sharing such good news!!! It is uplifting to hear. Hoping all future scans are as clear as they can be.

Danny Boy
Posted By: minniea Re: Good News! - 09-10-2004 11:53 AM
Hi Kirk,
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
I'm happy for you!
Minnie
Posted By: rosie Re: Good News! - 09-10-2004 02:02 PM
Kirk,

Good news is ALWAYS welcome! You're right about it balancing out the bad. Congratulations!
I second Minnie's sentiment! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Rainbows, hugs & laugh 's,
Rosie
Posted By: helen.c Re: Good News! - 09-10-2004 02:18 PM
Kirk
Yippee.... Fantastic.. good news is the life blood of this site..
Sunshine... love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: Brett Re: Good News! - 09-10-2004 02:26 PM
That's outstanding, Kirk!!! Relax and wallow in the good news.

-Brett
Posted By: Cathy G Re: Good News! - 09-10-2004 03:06 PM
Kirk,

That's terrific news -- thanks for letting us know! We hope for many more for you.

Cathy
Posted By: Uptown Re: Good News! - 09-10-2004 05:28 PM
Kirk,

I am so happy to hear your news! Maybe an accidental double post on the good news would help us all.

Here's hoping for many more great results.

Ed
Posted By: Debbie Domer/Caregiver Re: Good News! - 09-10-2004 06:35 PM
Kirk,
Fantastic and God bless you! Enjoy the great feeling clear scans provide!!
Debbie
Posted By: Nicki Re: Good News! - 09-10-2004 08:38 PM
Big Italian Kisses and Hugs to You! smile

This news did make me smile, and I can't wait to tell Tom! I can't wait to get us to the place you are now......God loves you, and so do we!

Nicki
Posted By: ChuckF Re: Good News! - 09-10-2004 09:11 PM
Kirk,
I can't think of anything I'd rather read than that kind of good news. Congratulations!! Here's hoping for much more good news.
Thanks!!

Chuck
Posted By: karenng Re: Good News! - 09-10-2004 09:15 PM
We do need a kind of 'boost' and light when we are so down in the darkness. Good news is always welcome. Congratulations Kirk and well done!

Karen.
Posted By: Marica Re: Good News! - 09-11-2004 04:41 PM
Congratulations Kirk...is it not the greatest feeling in the worl to get get those clear test results.

Take Care
marica
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum