Posted By: ConnieT my 1st positive post! - 10-25-2018 09:06 PM
I wonder if he realized I was ready to wash my hands of this charade....

He fought me last night with the water and formula but he did most of it. I told him how today was going to go. I woke him up to do the water and formula around 11am. He was sound asleep. I had noticed last night that he didn't cough as much. Today, his cough was kind of like the end of a cold, dying down considerably. So he has done 40 oz of water today and 3 boxes of formula by 4 pm. I had given him a 5 pm deadline as he likes to drag it out so he might not have to do the feedings. I did fill all the syringes and stand over him while he did them for accountability purposes.

The good news: I offered some chicken soup broth with some heavy whipping cream and he was willing swallow 2 tbsp. I asked his pain level....1. So I gave him 2-3 more tbsp aa few hours later. No nausea! He asked for crackers but decided not to try them yet.

He even walked down stairs but came up and went to bed as he was too tired. I had offered to take him to the library to start his winter reading habit. He was going to go but the stairs did him in.

Maybe there is hope.....3 full months of this did a number on my own health but I noticed I"m starting to bounce back.
Posted By: ConnieT Re: my 1st positive post! - 10-28-2018 12:45 AM

I deleted my post and started a new one.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum