Posted By: larry6905 Lymphedema and red splotches - 04-25-2015 01:33 PM
Hello I am 12 weeks out of treatment for BOT cancer Stage 4, 2N and have recently about 20 days noticed the red marks appearing on my neck and seen to be getting worse. I've tried everything changing soap, etc. there is a dry skin patch which appears on red marks. Has anyone had this happen and have any suggestions?
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Lymphedema and red splotches - 04-25-2015 03:47 PM
Larry, are you using Ivory soap or some mild soap? Maybe the skin is irritated. Do a saline soak of the red patches three or four times a day and then put cream and a non-stick bandage on it. Hopefully this will help.
Posted By: larry6905 Re: Lymphedema and red splotches - 04-29-2015 05:53 PM
I use a non-allergenic soap both on neck and in laundry. I didn't change anything when the rash appeared approx 3 weeks ago. Could this have anything to do with the lymphedema? That is the only place where it is located.
Posted By: Uptown Re: Lymphedema and red splotches - 04-29-2015 10:58 PM
I don't know if I asked, but what does the doctor say? There are some less than positive possibilities and at your point in recovery, anything different needs to be directed to your medical team.
Posted By: gmcraft Re: Lymphedema and red splotches - 04-30-2015 12:27 PM
Larry, Uptown has given you good advice. Do talk to your doctors about the red patches.
Posted By: larry6905 Re: Lymphedema and red splotches - 06-21-2015 12:38 PM
Hello sorry, I saw Rad and dermatologist said radiation rash gave me Elidel to put on cleared it up right away. I also saw ENT who said I had a early infection cellulitis so took bactrim and predizone. I am better and rash and infection is gone.
I am getting back to being more like myself. Still get fatigued but I am finally eating again and looking toward to having gtube removed. I am seeing speech pathologist for therapy.
Thanks for everyone's input.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum