Posted By: SUEZ Doc wants a CT Chest for Ron tomorrow - 11-29-2011 08:16 PM
He called Ron today. I asked Ron did you ask him what's up...he says no of course. So I call. Seems they saw a spot of concern on his left I'd say top lung cuz they didn't do a full chest on the past CT they just did. I asked was this the site of the other spot they said no it was on the left side and that spot has shrunk since the last CT. They already made an apt with Thoracic surgeon. Ron is thinking it could maybe be scar tissue from when he had double pnemonia...me I hope it is but you will not ever see the look of shock on my face if he is told he has cancer again, sorry not with his lifestyle, I just know it is enevitbable but praying it won't be.
Also I could have the right and left mixed up, I wrote it down at lunchtime when i called the docs office and can not find the darn paper anywhere where i wrote it on. Should I tell Ron or just let him go and and get it all checked out and wait and see? I swear, can't we have a Christmas with an all clear and no cancer?? I think not to tell him, he's down enough without me teling him maybe more bad news, I'm thinking let him think positive and not give him any doubt.
Posted By: Gary Re: Doc wants a CT Chest for Ron tomorrow - 11-29-2011 10:52 PM
It could very well be scar tissue from a previous pneumonia - the reading radiologists tend to be very cautious with H&N patients. I would inquire about getting a spiral CT with contrast. That is the gold standard for lung imaging.
Posted By: Kerri Re: Doc wants a CT Chest for Ron tomorrow - 11-29-2011 11:30 PM
I'm hoping it's nothing serious and that you guys can stop getting these scares. It's so stressful. I'm really sorry you're going through this.
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Doc wants a CT Chest for Ron tomorrow - 11-30-2011 02:56 AM
Fingers crossed its nothing - despite his tempting fate.
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Doc wants a CT Chest for Ron tomorrow - 11-30-2011 09:48 PM
Thoracic apt tomorrow 1pm...
Posted By: Maria Re: Doc wants a CT Chest for Ron tomorrow - 11-30-2011 10:02 PM
Best wishes for Ron - glad the appointment is soon!
Posted By: Cheryld Re: Doc wants a CT Chest for Ron tomorrow - 12-01-2011 01:17 AM
Yes good luck!
Posted By: Bob Whyte Re: Doc wants a CT Chest for Ron tomorrow - 12-01-2011 04:03 PM
Hope all turns out OK for you both!!Semper-Fi Bob
Posted By: SUEZ Re: Doc wants a CT Chest for Ron tomorrow - 12-01-2011 06:52 PM
I'm waiting...I told him if they suspect anything that he will probably need a biopsy and he said he won't do it...here we go again, he said he's tired of them sticking him and cutting him up, I told him it won't be nothing compared to what he's been thru and that he would be put under to have it done. Wish I could have went with him but I don't have any damn time to take off and can't afford to lose any money.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum