Posted By: slim Evoxac - 08-26-2010 04:27 PM
Hi. John went for a check up yesterday with his ENT. His visits have now spaced out about every 4 months with the ENT, MO and RO. He is now 1 year and 4 months out of treatments. His taste is SLOWLY recovering. He says it is around 70% back. He was having some discomfort every now and again in his throat and his neck feels tight. The ENT scoped him and said that there is no evidence of the tumor. He said he still has a lot of mucus and the tightness he is feeling is from the radiation and scar tissue. He said the occasional pain could be from nerves regenerating. His main complaint is the constant dry mouth. It seems to be worse now than ever. This of course is causing a lot of dental issues. The ENT gave him a script for Evoxac to try and stimulate some saliva production. Just wondering if anyone has tried this and what was your experience? John's doctor told him sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When I think back to where we were a year ago, we really have come a long way. John has regained 18 lbs. and LIFE IS GOOD!

Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Evoxac - 08-26-2010 11:50 PM
Wanda,

We don't have any experience with Evoxac. Clark also has tightness in his neck and jaw. His taste has come back to about 85%, and his saliva production is good. But he still has intense pain. It is amazing how similar some things are and then how very different things can be among OC survivors. I am so happy that you signed off with LIFE IS GOOD! I hope that John continues to improve, that the Rx gives him relief, and that his pain issue resolves. All my best to you both!

Anita
Posted By: Markus Re: Evoxac - 08-27-2010 03:21 AM
Evoxac works as advertised (for me).
However, you need to be prepared to experiment a little. If you take too much you end up bathed in sweat. First time this happened it was quite disturbing.

M
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Evoxac - 08-27-2010 12:07 PM
Check with your local CCC. They may be doing a study on dry mouth treatments. Moffitt is but I declined to get involved at this stage mainly due to travel time.

Is he using fluoride trays to help protect his teeth?
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum