Posted By: Irishgypsie Soft Tissue Necrosis!!! - 07-28-2010 08:42 PM
Hey went for check up Monday and today! Saw ENT on Monday and Radiation Doc today. I was concerned about irritation on Right side where I got most of the radiation in mouth. I am 4 weeks post treatment. The ENT said it was just healing still from Radiation treatment; that everything was healing good. Radiation team said I had a tiny amount of soft tissue bone exposure (necrosis). That it wasn't a major concern but they wanted to keep an eye on it! I thought I was doing so well. I was even starting to eat pasta and yogurt! Has anyone ever heard of having this problem? I'm starting to freak out!! frown

Charles
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Soft Tissue Necrosis!!! - 07-29-2010 11:27 AM
Hi Charles. Glad to hear you are making good progress in eating. Keep up the good work!!!! After radiation, the necrosis is common. Sounds like you have a good team and they are on the ball. Try not to worry and keep pushing the food and water. It can take up to 2 years to heal from what you have been thru.
Posted By: Irishgypsie Re: Soft Tissue Necrosis!!! - 07-30-2010 03:42 PM
Hi Christine, Well I guess I maybe freaked a little too much and when straight to the worst scenario to focus on. But I guess because I had bad enough luck by getting cancer I couldn't help but focus on the worst; I when to some web-sites and they all pretty much said that some tissue necrosis is normal and that usually is heals well on its own. I'm just tired of it all. I want to heal and start living my life again. With a little more caution of course smile! Thank you! Hope you are well!

Charles
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum