Posted By: William Dozier Neck muscle spasms? - 06-28-2010 05:55 PM
I have a question for others out there who completed Tx some time ago as with me going on 4 years now. I have noticed, especially within the past year, I seem to have a problem with what I guess might be neck muscle spasms? This most commonly occurs when yawning and seems to involve an area just to my left from center of throat area. It will tend to last for 15 to 30 seconds on average and is quite painful at times.

Has anyone else had such an experience and is there any known relief except for the obvious as told to me by my grandson, "quit yawning".

Thanks,

Bill Dozier
Posted By: dadof3girls Re: Neck muscle spasms? - 06-28-2010 08:58 PM
Hi Bill, I have them also. There is no rhyme or reason to when I get them. I once got them late one night while playing cards with the boys, hurt so bad my eyes were watering and I ended up going home. Then I have woke up in the morning having them. I call them cramps and asked my doctor about it and I got "it's just one of them things" answer that i seem to of heard a lot in the past few years. I will be curious to any more replies on this also

Joe
Posted By: caths Re: Neck muscle spasms? - 06-28-2010 09:20 PM
Hi there,

My partner finished treatment in November 08 too (for Tonsil cancer T1N2a) and started getting spasms about 4 months ago then they disappeared for about three months and they came back with more painful cramping several weeks ago. We are both grateful for your sharing, but sorry you are suffering too.

Best
Cath
Posted By: caths Re: Neck muscle spasms? - 06-28-2010 09:22 PM
ps there is an earlier thread in after treatment issues about these pains and quite a few other posters have experienced similar cramps and spasms.
Posted By: William Dozier Re: Neck muscle spasms? - 06-28-2010 09:39 PM
I'll check for earlier posts about this as well.

Thanks,

Bill Dozier
Posted By: GaryG Re: Neck muscle spasms? - 06-30-2010 04:05 PM
I get them too. I'll have them two or three nights in a row and then not again for a week or two. Almost like a charlie horse on your neck. Stress?? and electrolytes ??
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum