Posted By: Dorothy Follow up care - 05-18-2010 09:07 PM
I am almost two years out of treatment and am feeling a little concerned after reading about follow-up care that everyone else seems to be getting. My health insurance ran out and I've just moved back to Canada and there is a two month waiting period for coverage. The only care I was advised to have is a yearly chest x-ray and thyroid function test. I still have trouble eating solids, mainly gagging to the point of throwing up. Just wondering if I shouldn't be concerned.

Dorothy
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Follow up care - 05-18-2010 10:09 PM
Many people suffer from swallowing disorders following our Tx so that's what I might want someone qualified to look at.

I also still get scoped twice a year and am seen every alternating 6 months by my radiation oncologist or an oral surgeon at my treating facility, Moffitt Cancer Center and I'm coming up on 4 years post Tx so I would ask for more regular and thorough screenings if I were you.
Posted By: DonB Re: Follow up care - 05-18-2010 11:06 PM
I am almost through my second year (~21 months). I see my ENT every other month and a RO every six months.

After my next appointment in July, my ENT visits drop to every three months. My RO visits will stay at every six months at least through my third year.

I was just scheduled for another PET/CT scan and told if all goes well it could be my last PET/CT.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Follow up care - 05-18-2010 11:08 PM
I am 3 yrs out soon and still see my Oncologist and ENT both every 3 months. Saw the ENT this morning.
Posted By: Dorothy Re: Follow up care - 05-19-2010 07:27 PM
Thanks David, Don and Jim. I'll see if I can get in to see a doctor soon.
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum