Posted By: EzJim Dilation time ?? - 04-02-2010 02:12 AM
I was missing posting for 2 or 3 days. It's time to explain why now. I am 9 months behind on being scoped for Barretts. My swallowing is getting harder each day. Even coffee or water want to come back out of my mouth and this is miserable. I am calling the Dr that did the Nissen Fundiplication in 1996 on my esophagus and fixed my 1st Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm in 1999. We had decided to wait until things started to get worse before the next scope. I think that time has come and he will dialate my esophagfus too as he always does. I will call in the morning and get things rolling again. Must be time to get back to the 3 month schedule. Thanks to those that worried about my welfare..
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Dilation time ?? - 04-02-2010 02:52 AM

As always, wishing you the best. Hope you get all your problems fixed. Wishing you a Happy Easter, let it be a pain free weekend!!!
Posted By: EzJim Re: Dilation time ?? - 04-02-2010 10:24 PM
Thank you Christine. I hope your Easter us great and one to remember as a happy and fun day. I tried 2 times to get the Dr today , but apparently they took a personal holiday. I will try again Monday.
Posted By: Nancy T Re: Dilation time ?? - 04-06-2010 04:59 PM
Hopefully you were able to reach your doctors and make an appointment. You're right, sounds like it's time to take care of that so you can keep swallowing!!! That's a good thing :-) Take care.
Posted By: Nancy T Re: Dilation time ?? - 04-06-2010 04:59 PM
Hopefully you were able to reach your doctors and make an appointment. You're right, sounds like it's time to take care of that so you can keep swallowing!!! That's a good thing :-) Take care.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Dilation time ?? - 04-07-2010 05:26 AM
I have to plead guilty to being an idiot. LOL I have forgotten to call the last 2 days by getting involved with yard work and letting time slip by. Tomorrow I have this as #1 on my list of to do things. It seems my mind goes on vacation when I get busy.
Posted By: EzJim Re: Dilation time ?? - 04-08-2010 05:07 PM
I go tomorrow at 1:30 for the pre-op and then Tuesday for the scope and biopsies to my throat and esophagus. Now this was fast getting the Scope set up. I knew it would be. He will do the dialation then too. This surgeon knows my insides better than I know the outside. Been in and out of me for 14 years.
Posted By: Nancy T Re: Dilation time ?? - 04-08-2010 05:15 PM
Hey there! First of all, I think it's nice that you get so busy enjoying other things in life that you forgot to call. Second, I'm glad you called so you can git 'er done. Glad the dr. knows you so well. I love it when you've got docs that you've gone to for years - you have more confidence in them and it makes the whole process a little easier. Get your pre-op done and enjoy the weekend. Will be keeping you in my prayers that ALL goes well for Tuesday. Take care.
Posted By: David2 Re: Dilation time ?? - 04-08-2010 06:42 PM
Jim, I add my good luck! I've dealt with swallowing issues too, though not as severely as yours sound, and go in every 2-3 months for a dilation.

Hope everything comes up roses!

D2
Posted By: Gabe Re: Dilation time ?? - 04-09-2010 01:33 AM
Best of luck with the scope and biopsies Jim or old timer as you are described in your profile here.
Also good that you have a surgeon who knows your insides so well wink
Love
Angel Gabriele
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum