I mentioned NeuraSal (Supersaturated Calcium Phosphate Rinse) prescribed to me in my Proton Therapy post, which works well, is supposed to help with dental carries with minerlization of the teeth, and used it instead of the salt water, baking soda rinse, which I always disliked, and it cleared up my mucocitis, dry mouth, thrush, and was able to eat better. The company sent me 4 boxes of 30 packets express mail in two days, free of charge, for a month or so, and a complimentary bag containing dry mouth gum, with Xylitol, and sore throat relief lozenges, cherry flavor. I did look into the NeutraSal, and found positive findings, and an article below from Oncology Nurse Advisor, if it may be of interest to anyone. I also attached information from the company.

http://www.neutrasal.com/what_is_neutrasal.html

http://www.oncologynurseadvisor.com...-head-and-neck-radiation/article/290850/

http://ars2012.org/efficacy-of-neut...-or-radiotherapy-induced-oral-mucositis/
Awesome! Thanks Paul. I was reading about it the other night and it seemed to claim everything you are saying. Sounds like a great product.
it cleared up my mucocitis, dry mouth, thrush, and was able to eat better
Sounds like the miracle treatment for all typical post rad side effects. More folks need to know and ask and try tis out.
Don
Did the website meet your approval Don?? LOL wink

It really sounds too good to be true. A product that does all that is truly amazing. I'm going to give it a try myself and have already recommended it to a major cancer center here in Dallas and two survivors, one a member here.

Thanks again, Paul, for finding this and especially for suggesting after your successful use. We all need to step out there and find things that work as our choices are so limited. If we all maintain status quo when things happen like the modification of Biotene products, we will be left in the cold.
It was helpful. A Miracle, I don't know lol. One thing, just as important, I had my mouth sprayed everyday with a saline solution by the radiation oncology nurse, and was prescribed nystatin for a week, so probably a combination helped. The other factor, I believe, was my loss of taste, thrush, mucocitiis was more chemo induced, being radiation was more in the cervical neck, but did go up to my jawline, so they may have whacked some salivary glands too.

I found it more convienant in individual packages, no need to mix salt water, baking soda in a jug, has a neutral taste, so I used it more often too. It's free too, they pay any co-pays, or give for free without insurance, with a prescription or doctor filling filled out the form.
I can't wait to try it.
What about Juven? I haven't seen it mentioned here in a few years. Juven is made by Abbott, the makers of Ensure. It was also given to me by my CCC last year for the mucocitis, neuropathy. It's a specialized protein powder, not a meal replacemnt, with key nutrients for tissue building after injury, surgery, wounds, containing Revigor, Arginine, and Glutamine. Comes in different flavors, and tasted better than some L-Glutamiine body building powders I bought.
I'm using a recovery product with all those and tons of inulin/dextrose for instant muscle and nerve recovery after workouts but also when contraction or spasticity causes that acidosis type burn. I will see about Juven too. I'm burning a lot of money trying to save money and eliminate pain. I hate pain. The high citric acid in my stuff causes some issues in the throat and sinuses. I know the Vit C is very important though for cellular membrane repair.

Thank you for all the tips, Paul. I'd be still suffering if not for the kindness of you and others here along with the ALS forums I used to frequent. Charm even found me there. smile
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum