I would like to hear from someone who perhaps knows the safety (or the risk ) of medical marijuana. I have used it once since surgery. And it helped me with my pain,nausea,appitte and mood. Thank you in advance. shawn u.
Posted By: ngk Re: CA resident and medical canabis for po pain? - 09-16-2013 05:27 AM
I have some questions too. I'm all about it, tho I hate, I mean hate the feeling of being high. I believe it's much easier on our bodies. Go to the search bar and type in medical marijuana and you will see a thread on it from last year. Will go to the clinics dr bec they won't accept my dr's rx. My biggest question is there a certain kind that really focus's in on the needs of an oral cancer patient? Burning neck,,,tongue sores, inability to swallow bec of burnt throat?? I got the vaporizer part down...but I'm at a loss for those other questions. Like i said always hated smoking pot, But I don't care I just don't want to be in physical pain, it's my most unfavorite thing, oh along with nausea and barfing my guts out while the room spins which I get every time I use narcotics...which also leads to constipation, not pretty. So sorry I have no answers for you Shawn, but I'll be here waiting with you for some suggestions.
I suggest you try to do a search on some other websites. This is not something widely available or legal in all states or countries, but OCF is viewed by people from around the world. Members residing in states where it is not legal would be wise not to answer your questions on the forum. It can be a very controversial subject and some people can be pro and others con so you could get opinions instead of answers..

When asking or responding to sensitive subjects, the private message feature could be an alternative to posting publicly. Anyone who wants to answer but is in a location where this is not legal should send you a PM.
Posted By: donfoo Re: CA resident and medical canabis for po pain? - 09-16-2013 07:58 PM
Interesting topic on multiple levels. Sort of funny we are all in Calif. so I am cool with posting in this thread, specifically since there is a strong increase in interest in this topic.

It was not clear from Christine's post, if OCF would rather not see this topic discussed at all. Making it clearer might help. thanks don
Posted By: ngk Re: CA resident and medical canabis for po pain? - 09-17-2013 04:50 AM
Not sure don, but I'm going to bed now and will private message you tmw. Glad it's legal or wouldn't consider it. But sooooo scared and have many questions for you before this weekend. pain meds, even wirh anti nasuea meds me me sicker than a dog. Thanks so much for posting and more tmw. smile
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum