Hi, sorry, probably a silly question but I can't seem to answer it for myself. Is there a way I can determine who administers this forum so I can ask that person a question before posting something that might not be appropriate?

Cheers,

-Seth
The admins' names appear in red (take a look at the right in the Top Posters box -- there are four of them). Any one of those four can help you -- if you click on one of those names, you'll see his/her email address or be able to send a private message.
I start spouting off obscenitites like I have terrets and they usually contact me...
Please contact Brian, Davidcpa, Gary, or myself ChristineB. Any one of us will be happy to help you with your question. The best way to contact us is thru sending a private message. Click on one of our names and then click "Send PM".

We all keep a special eye out for our bad boy Eric! LOL!!!!
People who positively change the world are frequently perceived as trouble makers. Mahatma Gandhi, a personal favorite of mine, though there are many, was outspoken, openly disruptive, and through disobedience made his country (and the world by his example) a better place. So if Eric paints himself as a trouble maker, perhaps he is in good company.
But I like to read Eric's unedited version � always funny and entertaining!! wink
I'm not sure but I think Brian just gave me permission to spout off obscenities Christine wink
Well, Eric - it's nice of you to give Christine a heads up. In any case, Brian placed you in very good company, I'd say.
Give 'em an inch and they take a mile! LOL smile

Oh Eric!!! Brian paid you a great compliment, but didnt give you the cursing pass. You and I understand each other.... you curse and I edit. You make me laugh, cry and always keep me on my toes smile Thanks buddy!
You know I love you Christine!!! I'm actually still in shock at Brian's comment really...I mean the only similarity I thought I had with Gandhi was our weight at one point!
Well after working in trucking/transportation business with truck drivers for over 32 yrs and after being married to a cop for 17 yrs nothing surprises me with what or how people swear as long as it isn't against me or my family or the USA I don't care what you say or how you say it. The one word that can be used in everyway and anyway is one that I am never shocked to hear come out of folks mouths. To me it's only a word but at times can have a lot of meaning and power depending on how you use it. I've been told I have a potty mouth and I really do "try" and watch what I say but dayem, it just comes out sometimes! lol
and I too Eric have fallen prey to Christine's editing. smile
What can I say? I take my admin job very seriously!!!!! Its my job to edit.

You guys should know I love you all and if you dont then Im telling you now smile
we love you too Christine!!

And I'm afraid of you. lol
What Suez said accept I am not scared Christine smirk
Hey, want my 2-cents worth? Yes? Okay, being an administrator of a forum such as this where "everyone" can participate and not get upset over obscenities is a thankless job, Christine and other administrators. Sometimes we get carried away and use 4-letter words, but almost always "know" we are doing it, and EXPECT to be corrected by an administrator because there are some on the Forum who dislike obscenities. I'm not one of them, but I understand their feelings and certainly appreciate making the Forum acceptable for all to read. Eric, you are gifted in how you write, and you should pursue your book, and I can tell, when you do use obscenities in your posts, it's because you are so excited about what you are writing, you don't even notice. Plus, you're never offended when corrected. I love this Forum and enjoy reading and participating.
Hugs to all from julieann
Christine is more enthusiastic about editing things than I, and obscenities were never my priority, just incorrect information that might hurt someone or mislead a new poster. Besides there's too many frackin ways to get around obscenities that still convey the same tone�.
I'm surprised we got away with the oral sex post.

Brian: have you ever been censored on the OCF Forum? Just curious... wink

Love you too, Christine!

Whether censored or not, I find all posts tremendously educational, especially the one on oral sex cuz in "my hey day" it either was not very well known, discussed, popular, or perhaps it was just still in the closet. wink
Sandy - I have been corrected, as you all know I am not a doctor, and while not admins we do have three oncology doctors that monitor the boards for accuracy as they have time each week. I have also had another admin tell me I was too harsh on someone that was getting under my skin, and I deleted several of my own posts. I guess you could call that being censored. God knows I am far from someone that could be considered a diplomat.

Like I always say, OCF's forums are not a democracy, and even I do not always have the final say. There are constantly judgment calls being made, if some comment or entire post is misleading, or if read a year later by some newbie, will it cause confusion. Those are just deleted. More than that, the forum is constantly being pruned every month, and many posts from years ago (as we have time to work on them) are being deleted. These typically fall into the "wish you well" kind of posts which years later just occupy space, and are related to a long past event. At the end of the day some of that has to take place or the forum software slows down, and there has to be some pruning of things, to keep the database running properly. So without containing offending or inaccurate information, many people's posts (including mine) are deleted.
@ Brian: Awww...you know we all think you are as close to perfect as it gets! And, your edge and passion (and the language that conveys them) are a breath of fresh air and more than appreciated. We all learn from you every day. This cause resides in you--mind and soul. It inspires, educates, and comforts. Thank you, Brian!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum